• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Oops

I appear to have messed up my meat thermometer by turning it on without realising that the electronic bit was soaking wet
    An electronic meat thermometer sounds like an over-engineered solution.

(or a metaphor for a lady's solo entertainment device)
    My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

I'm hungry.

But I'm too tired to go and get something to eat.

Oh, woe is me.
      My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
        Grrrrrr - I can see that through the window - and some silly bint in this office has the aircon on so fliping cold that my you know whats are bloody sore from being stood to attention for the past 2 hours
        Oo-blimey.

That's given me the motivation to walk around for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
          Dr. Flux prescribes 5 piints of real ale. That'll fix it.
          It works as a preventative too. Dr Cranium heartily recommends five portions of real ale every day for a healthy disposition.

Comment

Hi RC

Just watched Die Hard 4

Off to bed now
            Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
              But it did have lever arm dampers from the Morris 1000.

I saw a split screen Morris Minor this very morning.

Speeding it was.

Doing all of 34mph in a 30 limit, powered by its 850cc sidevalve engine.

Correction: 918cc sidevalve engine...

Correction to the correction: Unless it was the version with the 803cc overhead valve A series engine.
              <anecdote class="boring nerdy still_you_might_like_it maybe_not wotever">

Many years ago, myself and a friend were heading back from Plymouth in his Morris Minor.

There's a long, straight, flat stretch of the M5 somewhere south of Weston-super-Mare, where he espied a Porsche a good way ahead of us, pootling along in the middle lane at some un-Porschelike speed.

So he put his foot down... by the time we caught up and streaked past said Porsche in the outside lane, the Morris Minor's speedometer had been jammed up against the 95mph that was the limit of its range for long enough (given that we were still accelerating) that I'm certain that we were doing, or over, the ton

A few hundred yards later, there was a loud bang followed by a tremendous hammering noise - it turned out that the exhaust pipe had broken away from the engine manifold (BTW, I have no idea if I'm using the correct technical terms here) and had started beating the underside of the bonnet with extreme vigour

After a refreshing hour or so on the hard shoulder, the AA man turned up and towed us to the services a short distance away, and then somebody towed us to a garage in Weston-super-Mare, where they used Duck Tape and thin wire to jury-rig the engine sufficiently to get us the 150 miles or so back to Bedford... as long as we didn't go over forty miles an hour

It was a long trip - IIRC he dropped me off at my parents' place at about seven in the morning

Still, at least we proved that a Morris Minor 1000 can burn off a Porsche 911 at 100mph on a flat bit of the M5

</anecdote>

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                Gosh.

It's so spooky...

RC stopped posting at 666 posts...

Has the made off with him?

Comment

morning all

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    morning all
                    BrilloPad
                    Godlike

century

Comment

Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
                      boo.boo was looking promising but has been banned. There is nothing I can see in their posting history to account for that.

Odd.
                      it was a previously banned poster

Comment

Working...
                      X