• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    Hey Chimp
    Hi Carling

Comment

Originally posted by realityhack View Post
      allo all
      Hi RH

Comment

Allo NF.

Fancy heading up web development and recruiting a team of two developers (initially) in Bristol for a few months? Say, until they find their feet in Spring 09? Will be working with Marketing peeps.

I made my choice. Will be in charge of UI design from Sept.

Comment

Allo NF.

Fancy heading up web development and recruiting a team of two developers (initially) in Bristol for a few months? Say, until they find their feet in Spring 09? Will be working with Marketing peeps.

I made my choice. Will be in charge of UI design from Sept.
          Sounds ominously similar to management

What's involved? And can they afford me?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Sounds ominously similar to management

What's involved? And can they afford me?
            Yes, there is direct geek management involved.

Oh, you know, setting up an IBM rationale suite, getting to grips with an enterprise CMS workflow, establishing and building upon web standards and guidelines, server administration, hiring developers and training them up if necessary, building best practice, as well as managing day-to-day work requests through the developers for content changes, design/microsites, national advertising support and the like. Working directly with agencies and marketers as the point of contact for digital design and development.

I'll very shortly be in the business of hiring a replacement RH.

Comment

They can barely afford me, so they definitely can't afford you.

PS - I need a shedload of links and book reccomendations re UI design pronto. Blagged my way into this as my escape route, need to blag my way through the first few months.

Comment

allo all

Comment

They can barely afford me, so they definitely can't afford you.

PS - I need a shedload of links and book reccomendations re UI design pronto. Blagged my way into this as my escape route, need to blag my way through the first few months.
                  Everything you need to know about UI design on one page
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                    Thanks for that.
                    There's a moderate modicum of murmurings out there on't'internet about UI design, hence seeking reccomendations for the best of 'em. Ta much loike.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      or better still, a quick search revealed this - keep your eye on it, it might prove useful
                      Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Working...
                      X