• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Zeity is back

Where have you been squire?

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
      Right, time to pack up and head home.

Have a great break BP

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
        conechewa

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Zeity is back

Where have you been squire?
          Lidl, Halfords, looked at a folding bicycle thingie for no apparent reason, B&Q, Morrisons, where by coincidence they have a folding bicycle for £60, Woolies, M&S, the library, WH Smiths, Wilkies & Tesco.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Lidl, Halfords, looked at a folding bicycle thingie for no apparent reason, B&Q, Morrisons, where by coincidence they have a folding bicycle for £60, Woolies, M&S, the library, WH Smiths, Wilkies & Tesco.
            CM says to get a blue one. Like her knickers.....

Comment

Now I'm off to collect a parcel from the post office.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

It seems that the sister-birthday-present problem is solved

I just phoned my mum, and apparently sis is saving up for some big-ticket item - a posh frock for the Orient Express, or a Roomba, or something - and wants good, hard cash.

So rather than trudging around town I can just nip to the cash machine and buy a card on the way back

I'll save the web site remodelling for Christmas - then I can just do bits on it as and when I feel like it

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  Now that looks really interesting. I've been thinking for a while that there are some real opportunities in location based services (particularly as many mobile devices now include GPS functionality.) However, as with most of my "Plan B's" I sat on it for too long and someone else beat me to it
                  FireEagle is mainly intended to provide services to support third-party apps (the same spirit as Yahoo! Pipes), so it can be used to do some of the heavy lifting for your own app. Check out the Developer section (Yahoo! ID required, but hey, they're free - I've got about ten of them).

Combine it with their recent opening up of (part of) the API to their WhereOnEarth (WOE) data and you've got some excellent free geo resources and facilities just crying out to be combined with your very own Plan B

When I was working there last year I was on a project (since cancelled ) which made extensive use of WOEID data... I remember thinking at the time how cool it would be if all that stuff was freely available. And now it is - well, there's additional capabilities in the API that aren't freely available yet, but they will be eventually

I also spent a tranquil afternoon reading the source code for Yahoo! Pipes when I should have been internationalising the Community Guidelines of Yahoo! Answers, but that's another story...

Comment

Wow - I've been on IM helping my erstwhile colleague debug something for over two hours now

Comment

Evening denizens

Comment

Working...
                      X