• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Evening denizens

Originally posted by Diver View Post
    Evening

I'm off to unblock the pump filter on the washing machine now
    Enjoy
    Originally posted by chef View Post
    evening all.. just killing 20 mins propping up the bar while g'friend chef finishes up at work. ho come it was so quiet today? everyone on hols?

Originally posted by chef View Post
    where's zeity nowadays? thought he was around 24/7 or atleast he keeps the same waking hrs as me..
    Here I is
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Hi chef

Zeity's on holiday at the moment, so he's actually doing stuff with his time rather than just sitting in the lab posting
    Indeed. I was gaffer taping some cracks in a translucent sheet in the garage roof this afternoon.

During which I managed to crack an asbestos edging thingie with my knee.

Ho hum.

mesothelioma here we come
    Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
    Evening folks

Still no baby
    All in good time, all in good time... some things just can't be hurried.

Give her some Murray mints...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      Give her some Murray mints...
      I bought her a very hot curry tonight - that's supposed to get things going
      Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Are you going to do the new age thingie with the placenta voluvents? Like wot I saw on telly once.... :

Comment

Are you going to do the new age thingie with the placenta voluvents? Like wot I saw on telly once.... :
          Ugh, no The whole delivery process is enough to put me off food for, er, minutes.

Comment

The other thing I did today was fix the security camera switcher.

It's been very flakey for ages (as in years) with a neat trick of mixing the output of two or more cameras together.

It was caused by a broken (or more likely badly etched) pcb track.

A piece of old fashioned wire fixed it...

Comment

A piece of old fashioned wire fixed it...
              I would have used a hammer

Comment

I used my lovely old Tektronix 465 'scope... it only works on one channel because some ape broke the selector switch, but it's unsurpassed as an oscilloscope in my opinion.

In the 70s, when it was new, it would have cost about £1500... not far off what I earned in a year at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by voodooflux View Post
                  I would have used a hammer
                  There've been times when I've been tempted...

I see that Lidl have more silicone sealant in as of Monday

It's about a quarter of the price of the equivalent stuff in B&Q or even Wilkinsons...

I want some more for garage roof repairing...

Comment

I used my lovely old Tektronix 465 'scope... it only works on one channel because some ape broke the selector switch, but it's unsurpassed as an oscilloscope in my opinion.

In the 70s, when it was new, it would have cost about £1500... not far off what I earned in a year at the time.
                    I'd love a 'scope. I wouldn't have the faintest idea how to use it, but I'd want it sat on my shelf making important looking patterns.

Some former colleagues of mine, device driver and BIOS developers, used them all them time and I was very envious.

Comment

There've been times when I've been tempted...

I see that Lidl have more silicone sealant in as of Monday

It's about a quarter of the price of the equivalent stuff in B&Q or even Wilkinsons...

I want some more for garage roof repairing...
                      Hmmm, that's worth knowing. Since we upgraded our hot water system to an unvented cylinder, the increased pressure has pretty much disolved some of the sealant around the bath. Not to mention completely blowing the shower head apart.

Comment

Working...
                      X