• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Afternoon all...

'Ot, innit?

it is a bit close round here

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
      Yup, I've never found the exercises in books very rewarding - I tend to hack about at something interesting and fall back on the book as reference material. Otherwise I finish up knowing how to write the example application (for which I have no use), and still having to work out how to apply what I've learned in more interesting areas

IIRC MS BASIC file handling has been fundamentally weird since the Seventies, and hasn't improved since, hence the tendency to use ADODB.Stream and its ilk for anything beyond the fifteen-entry flat file address book "database" that seems to have been the intended application.
      What amused me was the change in file handling between Win3.1 & 95....

Win3.1 is all lopen & low level file handling, locking stuff here there & everywhere, while 95 et al is back to fopen etc.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

it is a bit close round here

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
          Morning BP

Morning all

Wifey is dragging me off to Asda in a mo

Enjoy...

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Afternoon denizens

My basil plant has flowered

Actually you're not supposed to let them get to that stage as it reduces the production of the oils that gives the leaves their flavour... but it looks nice

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Afternoon denizens

My basil plant has flowered

Actually you're not supposed to let them get to that stage as it reduces the production of the oils that gives the leaves their flavour... but it looks nice
                the gf will be pleased!

her baking theme continues - she is currently doing Nigella muffins. cue smutty comments...

Comment

Lakeside was quite fun this morning - I went to Halfords (screen wash and engine oil) while girlfriend in Mothercare (got baby a potty that is more like a throne). then we went to boots and woolworths - then I phoned a friend and read a book while she had a browse.

Comment

At clientco they have a weekly cake rota for FRiday. I am going to do a week FRiday. Will by I I mean the gf! She is looking forward to it - loves baking cakes!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      At clientco they have a weekly cake rota for FRiday. I am going to do a week FRiday. Will by I I mean the gf! She is looking forward to it - loves baking cakes!
                      She is going to send in something called Parkin plus loads of others. I had never even heard of it until 2 weeks ago. I think from Yorkshire?

Comment

Working...
                      X