• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    I'll be keeping an eye on the insurance quote aggregator I've just built them. It's a horrific lash-up of XML, webservices and Guids.
    top techie post

Comment

They ran out of money. I would have renewed (again) if they'd offered it. They're getting in a new graduate to replace two seasoned C# developer contractors.
      Give em a month and they will ask for you back - at a higher rate!

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        Give em a month and they will ask for you back - at a higher rate!
        That would be nice. It's been a good stint, I don't usually stay anywhere longer than 3-6 monthys, but I've liked it here. Anywhere that lays on free tea is good in my book I'm easily pleased.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

That would be nice. It's been a good stint, I don't usually stay anywhere longer than 3-6 monthys, but I've liked it here. Anywhere that lays on free tea is good in my book I'm easily pleased.
          Do you get free biscuits? When I worked in one bank late eighties I got free biccies - even chocolate hobnobs!

BTW - have you visited tpdville today? just follow the link in my signature...

Comment

Insurance? TBYJ

You in london then? Probably not far from me and BP if so
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              Do you get free biscuits? When I worked in one bank late eighties I got free biccies - even chocolate hobnobs!
              A pharm company I worked for a couple of years ago used to lay on free fish and chips and free chinese take-away on a weekly basis. I left that gig happy and 2 stone overweight. it figures a pharm company wants peopel to get ill.

BTW - have you visited tpdville today? just follow the link in my signature...
              I visited it the other day and still don't know what it is. I kept waiting for the little bi-plane to fly over and drop a bomb.

Comment

A pharm company I worked for a couple of years ago used to lay on free fish and chips and free chinese take-away on a weekly basis. I left that gig happy and 2 stone overweight. it figures a pharm company wants peopel to get ill.

I visited it the other day and still don't know what it is. I kept waiting for the little bi-plane to fly over and drop a bomb.
                When I worked at 3i in Waterloo they did free breakfast and lunch! One tight-wad stuffed himself then just had a sarnie for tea...

Comment

Please visit once per day from work and once from home.

Anyone know why we keep tpdville going? It was originally to annoy atw but we are now much bigger than his city - and he never visits anymore...

Comment

Originally posted by Bear View Post
                    Insurance? TBYJ
                    You in london then? Probably not far from me and BP if so
                    Nah, Peteborough. My take is that I better get some gigs in the Fens before it's underwater.

Comment

Peterborough (pronounced /ˈpiːtəˌbərə/ listen (help·info)) is a cathedral city and unitary authority area in the East of England, with a projected population of 161,800 as of 2007.[5] For ceremonial purposes it is in the county of Cambridgeshire. The Town Hall is 75 miles (121 km) north of London at Charing Cross. The city is situated on the River Nene, which flows into the North Sea approximately 30 miles (48 km) to the north-east. The local topography is notoriously flat and low-lying, and in some places lies below sea level. The area known as the Fens falls to the east of Peterborough. The City of Peterborough includes the outlying settlement at RAF Wittering, and as a unitary authority borders Northamptonshire and Rutland to the west, Lincolnshire to the north, and Cambridgeshire to the south and east.

Human settlement in the area dates back to before the Bronze Age, as can be seen at the Flag Fen archaeological site to the east of the current city centre. This site also shows evidence of Roman occupation. The Saxon period saw the establishment of an abbey, which later became Peterborough Cathedral. The population grew rapidly following the arrival of the railways in the nineteenth century, and Peterborough became an industrial centre, particularly noted for its brick manufacture. Following the Second World War, growth was limited until designation as a New Town in the 1960s. The population is once again undergoing rapid expansion and a £1 billion regeneration of the city centre and immediately surrounding area is underway. In common with much of the United Kingdom, industrial employment has fallen, with new jobs tending to be in financial services and distribution.

Comment

Working...
                      X