• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

afternoon all

Comment

Hola!

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
        I've also managed to set up a limited company. Well, the accountant has, I've signed the forms wherever they stuck post-its
        Satan will be along for your soul, shortly followed by the IR...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I just realised that when I spent eight months working in Bristol three years ago, I spent four nights a week in a bedroom smaller than the bathroom here

It's nice when one can look back on several years' work and see immediately where it's brought one... especially if one can do so whilst urinating
          I spent 8 weeks working in Bristol 11 years ago... first contract after being made redundant again... is this where it's led me?

It was followed by a most miserable 3 weeks working in Newport for a money weighing company... I really disliked that place, especially since it was in the fallout zone from the coking ovens at Llanwern...

Comment

They were ever so please when I gave my notice in... not...

Then I was off to Pontypridd to work on those lifeline type telephone thingies for a year... until the factory closed....

I have that effect on factories.

Comment

Then it was off to Cheltenham for a year, working on a variety of stuff, mostly security alarms... <yawn>...

Comment

Then it was off to Rugby for 7 months, doing some electronic & software design... that one was reasonably fun... which spoiled things a bit coz if you enjoy something, going back to the mundane crap is more difficult.

As it proved... had to walk on a contract for a medical devices company coz it made me feel faint every time I thought about what it was supposed to do...

Comment

Considering the industry, they seemed to lack something in the safety critical approach to software development... that assisted me in my departure too...

Comment

Then it was back to Cheltenham for a singularly unsuccessful little contract...

Followed by 3 months in sunny Southampton working for a semiconductor manufacturer.... I couldn't understand why they wanted me... the count was enormous... I felt entirely inadequate by comparison & turned down an extension.

Comment

Then it was 7 months with AB A***M****e, at the lowest rate of my contracting career... working on air con controllers for cars...

Boring as hell, I was really glad to get out of there.

Comment

Working...
                      X