• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

God I'm bored.
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Still, I'm feeling rather proud of myself. I now have a laptop that will dual boot between Windows XP and Ubuntu, and everything works on both OS's
      ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

At least there's some cricket on TV.
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I love Sky Sports.
          ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I've also managed to set up a limited company. Well, the accountant has, I've signed the forms wherever they stuck post-its
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

At least there's cold beer in the fridge.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

I joined here in August 2007. I was still a permie then. How things have changed for the better
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  Lovely view as well - I'm overlooking Leicester Square, where the Friday night animals (aka the general public) will perform drunkenly for my entertainment later
                  FFS... they're exceeding my wildest expectations

I'm glad the double-glazing system here allows one to open one's windows to the madness... there's some drumming (well, that's a bit like saying that the Blitz was "some bombing") going on, causing the drunken yahoos (lower-case "y" to avoid offending any of my former colleagues - I mean this in Jonathan Swift's sense) to hoot deliriously :there-is-no-smily-that-could-represent-this: except to the power twelve

The nice thing is that I'm paying 200 quid (ex VAT) for this night, and I really feel I'm getting my money's worth

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
                    I joined here in August 2007. I was still a permie then. How things have changed for the better

I went through a rough time with the dotcom slump, and then a very-short-term contract turned into a permy role, which was at a very nice small design studio, a great place to work, and a good chance to replenish the coffers.

The very next morning, the drive to work was different, and I knew I could never be truly happy there - even though it's one of the best places I've ever worked, I was an employee

A year later they made me redundant (lots of print work, no web work - fair enough), and life has been on the up ever since - it just gets better and better, and I'm speaking from the bench here

I'm reasonably certain that I will never be an employee again - at the age of 46, life's too short to have a PROPER JOB

(Capitalisation accidental as I caught the Caps Lock key, but left in situ as found art. Contact [email protected] for details.)

Comment

I just realised that when I spent eight months working in Bristol three years ago, I spent four nights a week in a bedroom smaller than the bathroom here

It's nice when one can look back on several years' work and see immediately where it's brought one... especially if one can do so whilst urinating

Comment

Working...
                      X