• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They really shouldn't let these hotel bars stay open so late... although it did give me the perfect opportunity to revisit an implementation of a non-recursive directional-acyclic-graph-traversal algorithm in JavaScript that might be of value to one of my former capital-Y colleagues at BarCamp as the subject for a code review, done for the purpose of spreading the word that code reviews are a Good Thing... and I'm dumb enough to offer my code up for review in public, rather than amongst a team of colleagues

I'm reasonably sure that it's sufficiently recondite in purpose, and yet perfect in implementation, that it'll give everybody something to talk about without making me look like a total dick

It's also a rather useful demonstration of how best to implement the Visitor design pattern in JavaScript, including the fact that the NullVisitor implementation is part of the class that accepts the Visitor, which helps to make the code self-documenting

Somebody much cleverer than I once asserted that JavaScript is merely an implementation of CommonLisp with a different syntax... it's certainly a language that is much damned by those who don't know it, on the basis of code written by other people who don't know it. If they're so clever, they'd realise that variations in the object models that a language is hosted in say nothing about the language, merely about those contexts.

Imagine if people judged C by the fact that Windows 3.1 was written in it...

Comment

Anyway, nighty-night thou good and fine denizens of TPD

P.S. Scourer, I hope that BN66 stuff works out for you... I know you're not in as deep as many, but I also know that it worries you, and I reckon you deserve a break from worrying - it seems as if worrying about stuff has dominated your life so much over the last few years that it's become a habit

Have a (manly) hug:

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Anyway, nighty-night thou good and fine denizens of TPD

P.S. Scourer, I hope that BN66 stuff works out for you... I know you're not in as deep as many, but I also know that it worries you, and I reckon you deserve a break from worrying - it seems as if worrying about stuff has dominated your life so much over the last few years that it's become a habit

Have a (manly) hug:

Cheers Nick

I am not that worried - but keeping a close watch. To be honest I was hoping for more from the meeting on Thursday - looks like the sooner it gets to court the better. Thing is there are two ways it can get to court. Some sort of timescale would be good.

Comment

Unemployment 2 %
          Transport 100 %
          Criminality 0 %
          Pollution 1 %

pop=1064, rank=190

Comment

morning all

Comment

I know Nick is hungover! Where is everyone else?

Comment

Off to Bluewater in a while - gf wants to do some shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Off to Bluewater in a while - gf wants to do some shopping.
                  Then let her!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
                    Then let her!

I did! gf took the baby. I had a nice time reading a book - and watching the totty! Luckily she is happy if I look but dont touch.

How are you?

Comment

I just had a sleep

Comment

Working...
                      X