• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there he was, gone... hope he catches the train ok.

Comment

And here am I, about to be gone...

Byeeee

Catch you all later...

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        And here am I, about to be gone...

Byeeee

Catch you all later...
        B00med!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
          And there he was, gone... hope he catches the train ok.
          I made it and am home

Comment

Evening denizens

More beer (though not free) after second day of conference...

I've made it to my hotel at last. Very swish room indeed, much better than the one I had at the Grand Hotel, Brighton the other year

Lovely view as well - I'm overlooking Leicester Square, where the Friday night animals (aka the general public) will perform drunkenly for my entertainment later, and best of all I can see directly into the office where I was working until last week

Messy buggers they are...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Evening denizens

More beer (though not free) after second day of conference...

I've made it to my hotel at last. Very swish room indeed, much better than the one I had at the Grand Hotel, Brighton the other year

Lovely view as well - I'm overlooking Leicester Square, where the Friday night animals (aka the general public) will perform drunkenly for my entertainment later, and best of all I can see directly into the office where I was working until last week

Messy buggers they are...
              Evening NF

What exciting junket are you on this week?
              The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Cool... there's a phone socket in the toilet (which is in its own room off the bathroom), at just the right height and location that one could sit down, settle one's laptop comfortably on one's knees, plug in even a very short modem lead and establish contact with the outside world

(Although the complimentary, and very fast, free wifi renders this unnecessary )

I look around this luxorious room and bathroom and think "Now this is why I've put up with a Premier Inn in Edgware, four nights a week for nearly a year... so I can stop here for a couple of nights and not care less how much it costs"

It's probably the last holiday I'll be able to afford for some time anyway

Comment

Hmm... the pub's nearly a minute's walk from here

Should I get the concierge to fetch me a cab, knowing full well that he'll have to walk all the way up the square and out onto Charing Cross Road to get me one?

Nah... they seem like decent chaps, always happy to pose in their bowler hats for tourists - even ones who aren't staying here

(I've observed their behaviour closely whilst hanging around outside FormerClientCorp, approximately ten yards away.)

Comment

Originally posted by EqualOpportunities View Post
                    Evening NF

What exciting junket are you on this week?
                    Hi EO

Just been to @media 2008, and tomorrow is the start of BarCamp London 4 at FormerClientCorp

I'm off to the pub - see you later

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Hi EO

Just been to @media 2008, and tomorrow is the start of BarCamp London 4 at FormerClientCorp

I'm off to the pub - see you later
                      See you later

Be sure to consume the usual 35 Friday night units of alcohol that I would, if I weren't in the office...
                      The squint, the cocked eye and clenched first are the cornerstones of all Merseyside communication from birth to grave

Comment

Working...
                      X