• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
    not vista - the older one...
    XP?

OK- as Gonz said - get up the properties of the connection by double clicking the little connection icon (bottom right near the time) then the properties button. If the icon isn't at the bottom right then go start-settings-network connectiosn and double click the 'wireless' one
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      XP?

OK- as Gonz said - get up the properties of the connection by double clicking the little connection icon (bottom right near the time) then the properties button. If the icon isn't at the bottom right then go start-settings-network connectiosn and double click the 'wireless' one
      I got that now - what am I looking for?
      Bazza gets caught
      Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

vodka
        went for white wine - there's bubbly there as well.....

Originally posted by Sockpuppet View Post

Tonight saw the end of GSP

No I've not killed her but we had a conversation that started with 5 words "you're a nice guy but..."

Dammit.
        Sorry to hear that - I'm on my own in a hotel room if that's any consolation
        "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

whats "DHCP client host name"??
          Bazza gets caught

Comment

Found a good guide:

http://www.home-network-help.com/wireless-adapter.html

Comment

whats "DHCP client host name"??
              ignore that

it means your router gives the connecting computers their 'identity' - network name and IP address.

Comment

Can you get to this screen?

http://www.home-network-help.com/ima...properties.jpg

Comment

**** it, I'm having a strop..... I'm going to bed..... sod this...

Thanks anyways lads....
                  Bazza gets caught

Comment

Anyone here with even half a technical brain.... where is the Chimp when you need him???

I need help!!
                    We knew that already

Comment

It could be that your home wireless router is configured to only allow certain devices to connect to it - this is a Good Thing, but they have a sneaky way of configuring this in a "user-friendly" manner when you first set it up, which becomes a complete pain when you need to allow a new device to connect through it and don't know what they did in the first place.

Connect to your wireless router's config by typing its IP address into your browser (almost certainly http://192.168.0.1/, or maybe http://192.168.1.1/ - or it might be in the letter you got when it was installed, or on a label on the back or underside of it) and look around in there for something to do with "permitted devices" or some synonymous term.

It probably lists devices allowed to connect in terms of their MAC address, which looks like "00:17:f2:41:83:0e" (although with different numbers and letters, as that's the unique address of my MacBook's Ethernet port - just something that "shape").

Your Eek probably has just such an address on its underbelly-label, so add it to the list.

Alternatively (thank you T-Mobile for making life harder than it has to be) you may need to look through the menus to find the setting that disables the device access control, or even (in the case of a T-Mobile router) disable all security completely: if so, write down where the relevant setting is in the nest of menus and how you change the setting to Off, then connect with the Eek and it should then allow you to add it to the list - then immediately turn the device access control setting (or all security) back on again using the notes you made when you turned it off.

(I had to go through this at a lady friend's flat before I could get my MacBook, and then another time her new work laptop, working on her router... no innuendo please )

Comment

Working...
                      X