• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    Internet search indicates it causes pending....
    You are not bloody helping...... go and feed the baby!!
    Bazza gets caught
    Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
      But it connected to the wireless in the office fine....
      might have diff encryption settings WPA vs WPA2 and other fun stuff.

Wireless is fun like that
      "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Ah, the joys of support.

I had a half an hour call with my sister this evening because she couldn't get onto the internet.

Rebooting the wireless rooter did the trick

Comment

http://www.expansys.com/ft.aspx?k=105946

I would just like to say that ''IV'E DONE IT'' i'm writing this post via my wi-fi eee pc. I looked on my main PC and checked settings ETC and found that my password was WPA formatt. I went back to my eee pc, went to wireless networks, located mine as usual, went to connect, and when the bit came up for my password , looked at the box that comes up i think ? WEP, dropped the box down, and clicked on the alternative which was i believe WPA? I then put in my password as usual , it went onto something like ''checking interface'' then instead of doing nothing and eventually going into pending mode it disappeared of the screen, and i did'nt think anything had happened the first few tries but when i then tried to get on the internet via the ''WEB'' icon, it worked, thats all there was to it, i can't believe they have'nt mentioned this in their instruction booklet, it would have saved me having to send back the first one i bought!, i hope this works for others of you out there.

Bye for now

Comment

Yeah - sure aren't I talking to you on this laptop....
            So what are the settings on this one and are they the same for the asus?
            "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

I'm dipping into the minibar here - and doewnloading skype

Comment

You are not bloody helping...... go and feed the baby!!
                Baby fed at 9pm - so I could help you. Like Jog says - you need same settings between laptops for WPA/WEP

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                  So what are the settings on this one and are they the same for the asus?
                  how do I find the settings on this one?
                  Bazza gets caught
                  Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

right click at bottom right - select status - brings up "wireless network connection status"

select properties

wireless network tab

select your network

properties

Comment

what version of windows is it? I'm guessing the asus is knew and is running my best friend Vista home?

Comment

Working...
                      X