• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot to say evening to one and all

and goodnight to CM

Comment

Hola!

Good evening all!

And welcome

I've just watched this week's two episodes of the Sweeney...

They were rather good.

Bit of a contrast between the way a bank hostage situation was handled then & now...

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        hairy babies

Very very very hairy babies... as in wipe your nose & comb your face...

Comment

Originally posted by cailin maith View Post
          Ok - bed time.... course tomorrow so I won't get my TPD fix until late in the afternoon....

Hope ye don't miss me too much

Night everyone
          Missing you already...

And the muppets are all back tomorrow to add to the muppets that were irritating me last week...

And I've got the funeral of my aunt tomorrow in Margam Crem... ideally placed with a nice view of the steelworks... if the wind is in the wrong direction the sulphur dioxide is attrocious...
          Last edited by zeitghost; 6 April 2008, 21:54.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            I realised that I hadn't sorted out any clean t-shirts for work this week so I put Top Gear on timeshift while I dealt with the matter.

Immediately upon my return to the living room, the HDD recorder had a fit, reset itself and threw away the twenty minutes I'd missed

Still, it's a rubbish bit of kit - sometimes it crashes and puts a debug message on the screen, giving the filename, function name and line number of the point where it happened. Its firmware is written in C apparently, and the problem seems to be that it doesn't check to see if its disk block allocations have succeeded, so it all goes tits-up when they don't.

Ho hum
            Must have been written by one of my ex-students.

Or even one of my current students...

Nah... very unlikely... it would mean that someone had employed one.

Comment

No consecutive posts!

Comment

What make is the hard disk video, then, Nick?

Is it a famous make we've never heard of?

Comment

It's early days yet, but changing the video card does seem to have made a difference to naughty pc...

It's rather nice not to have the bsod every 10 mins... and those peculiar display effects are not sadly missed.

Comment

Time for bed said Zebedee...

Catch you all tomorrow...

Hope it doesn't snow again overnight... or it's gonna make getting to that funeral rather interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      What make is the hard disk video, then, Nick?

Is it a famous make we've never heard of?
                      <descends from branch and peers at useless bit of kit under telly />

"Goodmans" - a definite misnomer (unless it refers to my ownership of the product, and is missing a space and an apostrophe)

The entire user interface is written in one of those demotic versions of English generated by Orientals... not being racist here, but "Are you sure to continue?" strikes me as a badly-phrased way of establishing whether or not I actually intend to transfer a recording to DVD, and "Warry! Are you sure to delete the clip?" (sic) is a question that leaves me uncertain as to how to respond when deleting something

Comment

Working...
                      X