• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And there's so much mist here, I can barely see the semineked lady's house across the road.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      And there's so much mist here, I can barely see the semineked lady's house across the road.

Zeity
      got
      a

Merely for completeness...

Comment

Originally posted by Katie View Post
        It could be him! Morning/Afternoon everyone! xx

Katie
        got
        a
        PALI

Merely for completeness...

Comment

Byeeee

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
            Byeeee
            Bye
            Si posse, recte, si non, quocumque modo rem

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Once again the motorway failed to prevent me reaching home

Comment

Comment

It's been a bugger of a week - I've been working ridiculously hard, although there has been some nice bits'n'bobs coming out of it

And I suppose it's only fair that I occasionally do some work for my money

I've been wrestling with learning Python, and the Django framework, which is written therein. Unfortunately the documentation for Django, while prettily laid out, is somewhat lacking (after the manner of so many open source projects), and we're doing some pretty cutting edge stuff with it, which doesn't make life any easier

Ironically, one of the creators of Django is also contracting there, but he's been on an extended holiday at this crucial stage. Next week we'll be able to ask him how to do stuff, or how things work, and get it straight from the horse's mouth

This probably means we'll end up throwing away almost everything we've done so far

Comment

Oops

Just took an urgent phone call from NewClientCorp

It seems that somebody's deployment script had shoveled one of my test pages across to a live server. Said page had some text that I'd typed off the top of my head just to get a layout working... although there was no actual foul language on there, it did refer to the general public as "the unwashed masses"...

I think I'm going to get a telling off on Monday

Ah well, I quite fancy a spell on the bench

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Oops

Just took an urgent phone call from NewClientCorp

It seems that somebody's deployment script had shoveled one of my test pages across to a live server. Said page had some text that I'd typed off the top of my head just to get a layout working... although there was no actual foul language on there, it did refer to the general public as "the unwashed masses"...

I think I'm going to get a telling off on Monday

Ah well, I quite fancy a spell on the bench
                      Grovelling time
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X