• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mondays are OK... driving down, taking the Tube to the West End and hitting the office cause a pretty rapid re-adjustment to that life

Comment

Coming home seems to take a bit longer, mainly because there's all the business of the week to digest...

So on Fridays I like to just sit in peace, staring off into the distance and ruminating.

But if there's some gits in my spot, it really throws me off for the evening

Comment

I end up propping up the bar, and people make conversation... which is fine, except on Friday when I'm mentally readjusting.

Comment

Once I wake up on Saturday, the mere fact of being in my own bed makes me feel totally grounded in life at home... so I like to have gone over the week.

Mentally catalogued it, and noted all the bits that will be relevant to next week... and then I can leave all that in the completely separate part of my mind that's active when I'm in London.

Comment

I think I can understand why married blokes who live like this can manage to have affairs while away during the week and not have it affect their home life, or even feel guilty about it, even when they're the totally-faithful kind... it really is like being two completely different people depending on which day of the week it is

Comment

I think I finally settled back into the whole "two lives" thing this week... it's been a struggle to get back in the way of it after a whole two weeks over Xmas and New Year

Comment

Anyway, about time I was off to resent the innocent party sitting in "my" place...

Comment

Although before I go, I would just like to add one thing.

Comment

PALI!

Comment

Bye then... have a nice night, everybody

Comment

Working...
                      X