• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    So everything between 53787 and 54206 is one further on than it was when it was posted, and everything from 54207 on is two further on.

Clear, everybody?
    Ooh, piggin' eck.
    Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
      And so this is Christmas
      And what have you done?
      Another year older
      A new one just begun

As I look back over the past year on CUK, there are some memories, both happy and sad that really stand out at this traditional time for reflection. January, of course, saw the sad passing of Fleetwood. Although I never had the privilege of reading one of his posts (a time when I seldom posted or even lurked on CUK), I feel that through my copious use of the smilie those that knew him will still remember him fondly.

We've lost other CUK members throughout the year, both self-inflicted exile (Richard-af) and through the work of the team of moderators. Whether they exist or not under different guises isn't always clear, some will be missed, others will not. The demise of El Duder and ElectricChair seem to me to fit these categories nicely. Thankfully, some returned and have stayed - I'm sure we would enjoy CUK less if Cailin Dana had stayed away!

Cuk will always generate controversial topics and discussions - topics that make a change from house prices, immigration, squirrels, house prices, AtW's lunch, house prices and immigration. I found some of the comments made in some threads depressing and upsetting in equal measure - the drugs thread, SA asking for a pub in London and the debacle over whether to make the CUK FaceBook group private or not are examples that spring to mind rapidly. On more than once occasion, I have decided that enough is enough and left.

But then, there are some genius thread that appear. No doubt this is some of the legendary humour that existed on the "old board" before the arrival of the newbie scum. Pondlife's thread about Gordon Brown getting involved with Churchill's banning, and Beaker's "bad handshake" thread still make me laugh out loud and it's threads like these that make CUK fun and lure me back in.

And then, there is the wonder of TPD. For many months I ignored TPD. Until a wise man spoke to me - "You will never be a 'true' member of CUK until you get 500 TPDs. After that, 1000 TPDs and then FG is the target..." How those words have impacted on me. How they have changed my life. Possibly for the better, too. TPD has moved on over the last three months or so - a place for drivel, discussion, friendship and no fighting, where everybody knows your name. A refuge from some of the bitterness pervading the other fora, and a fine place it has become.

This past year has taught me much about contracting, and about people in general (specifically). Those of you I have met were delightful, and I only hope that at some stage I get the chance to meet more CUKers (particuarly those of you that post in TPD). The thouoght of meeting a bunch of people I only know as an online persona no longer scares me as much as it did a few weeks ago .

And so, this is Christmas.
      I hope you have fun.
      The near and the dear ones.
      The old and the young.

Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a prosperous 2008, from myself and my family to all of you and yours.

FaQ
      Quoted in full, with no apologies.

I missed the Queen's Speech, but I don't mind now I've read the above.
      Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

To my family:

I do not care what flavours have been removed, added or restored to the selection available this year in a tin of Quality Street.

If I want to eat something, I shall do so - you only need offer once. If I am offered food and decline it on the grounds that I am full, there is no point offering me five alternative varieties of food - I am full, dammit.

If I want a drink, I shall get one - although the only reason I don't already have one is that all you teetotallers sit there staring me as if I'm about to rush out and lie in the gutter dressed in rags every time I take a sip.

I am not spending my time off getting a last-minute flight to New York, then flying back just in time to go back to work, for the sake of seeing how my sister has decorated her apartment.

Now leave me alone
        I think we can conclude the workings of Jesus do not impact non-human primates.

Comment

What do you call a pig that does a karate video?

Comment

So, is anybody out there watching Doctor Who? Is it any good? What's happening?
            Kylie got in the fork-lift and went for the baddie...

THEN THE PHONE RANG

... and everyone looked relived.

Comment

Bloody repeats
              Bloody repeats

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
                Nah no need- they're occupied and having fun.

Got to drive though later
                drivel

Comment

<wakes up, shakes head> now, where was i?

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
                    What do you call a pig that does a karate video?
                    Pork Chop.

Comment

flaming heck - was i out for an hour? jeeesus!

Comment

Working...
                      X