• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Another what would you do ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another what would you do ?

I want to take your opinion on something serious, my daughter has a childhood friend since forever, they have drifted recently, but they are still good friends, anyway, my daughter came to take my advise today, she made me promise not to tell anyone else or take the matter further, the thing is her childhood friend has started getting into drugs, my daughter hates drugs, she said when she first found her firend's habit she old her that she can’t be her friend any longer, however she felt guilty about it, this girl has been her friend for most of her life. I am a bit torn on what to do, should I inform the school? I also know that girl’s parents, should I tell them? But I know they will go OTT (who would blame them). If I just stay quiet and this girl just ruins her future for something so stupid I wont feel good, but its not the future alone, suppose she gets some bad drugs, or gets an overdose without realising?? If I go and speak to the teachers or her parents then they will know I am the one who grassed her, and my daughter will be put in a bad situation for betraying trust….also am worried if I betray my daughter’s trust she wont come to me with advise about such things again… anyone has any thoughts??

How is she and what kind of drugs?
    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by DiscoStu View Post
      How is she and what kind of drugs?
      How old you mean? she is 17, and the drug I was told is coke, don't know what else she is doing??

Where's Beaker?

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown View Post
        How old you mean? she is 17, and the drug I was told is coke, don't know what else she is doing??

Where's Beaker?
        Oops, yes, that's what I meant!

Is it a regular thing? I wouldn't have thought a 17 year old could be affording a great deal of coke at £40/£50 a gram?
        ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Where's Beaker?
          Don't ask Beaker. He's just another muppet.

Comment

Oops, yes, that's what I meant!

Is it a regular thing? I wouldn't have thought a 17 year old could be affording a great deal of coke at £40/£50 a gram?

Weeeeeeell we are talking about a very posh school - some of the kids from extremely rich families. The obscenely rich kids kindly share all their goodies with the less the less fortunate ones

btw: how do you know the price of coke?

Comment

Thinking about it, you're probably far better off speaking to someone qualified. In true beaker-esque style, I'd suggest talking to Frank.
              Last edited by DiscoStu; 14 December 2007, 21:38.
              ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Weeeeeeell we are talking about a very posh school - some of the kids from extremely rich families. The obscenely rich kids kindly share all their goodies with the less the less fortunate ones

btw: how do you know the price of coke?
                Umm, saw it on Crimewatch
                ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Ok I will give a serious answer since we're not on the Ask Beaker thread.

My opinion is your daughter, and any of the girl's other "clean" friends should stick with this girl and support her as much as possible. At this age, she is unlikely to listen to her parents or teachers if they find out. As you say, her parents might flip and throw her out and her school might expell her, which will probably just push her further away.

While none of my friends growing up did coke or heroin, lots were into weed and binge drinking. They do tend to grow out of it, but having a good group of friends or boyfriend and supportative family around her will definately help. Or your daughter could take her for a surprise visit to a drug rehab centre, homeless shelter, hospital or mental institution to shock her.

As everyone knows, the first step is admitting you have a problem, so your daughter should help encourage the girl to admit her problem to her parents, councillor or helpline or something.

Comment

Thinking about it, you're probably far better off speaking to someone qualified. In true beaker-esque style, I'd suggest talking to Frank.
                    Looks like a good place to start

Comment

Working...
                    X