• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might take my new camera down the pub tonight.

That reminds me, I should have a look at the pictures I took last night.

Comment

There's a CD that came with it, but do we need that.... no.

Plug the camera into the MacBook, which has never seen it before.

A second or so later iPhoto pops up ready to import the photos... and we're done

Comment

OK, now I've finished reading up in Wikipedia about flocking behaviour and have Googled bin-lattice spatial subdivision, I can see me having an amusing weekend too.

In the past I've produced a few 'game of life' programs to produce 'pretty pictures' to leave running. (My favourite being 3 organisms R, G and B who each have different food (G, B and R) requirements and excrete (B, R and G) as well as reproducing.) That and maze solving algorithms, the two combined can be fun and pretty.

Now I can see myself with flocks of dots wandering about the screen by Sunday night.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Might take my new camera down the pub tonight.

That reminds me, I should have a look at the pictures I took last night.
          Ooh, yes. Tell us all about your new toy. I'm interested.
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            Ooh, yes. Tell us all about your new toy. I'm interested.
            It's a Ricoh Caplio GX 1000.

Apparently it's very good.

That review is by an old friend of mine, who is renowned for his unwilingness to be anything other than bluntly honest in his appraisal of just about anything.

So if he says it's OK, it probably is.

Comment

It is certainly a comprehensive review!

Comment

The other year I was walking down to the pub at about nine o'clock in the evening.

A group of five Asian lads came out of a side road over the street and crossed the road. There was something about them that put me on my guard.

Three of them were several yards ahead of me and off to the inside of the (wide) pavement, but two of them had stepped onto the pavement about two feet in front of me, and were walking at the same pace as me, right in front of me, and muttering tensely under their breath to each other.

It could have been simple bad manners, which are not uncommon in this day and age, but glancing up and down I could see that the road (usually busy) was clear, and so I casually crossed over. I normally prefer to stay where I am as these people will detect and react to signs of weakness, but I just had a very bad feeling about them.

As soon as I'd safely mounted the pavement on the other side a car came screeching out of the next side road, two more came screeching up from behind, and within a couple of seconds all five youths were on the ground... with Heckler & Koch sub-machine guns being pointed at them by a group of armed police officers shouting "Armed Police! Stay on the ground! Put your hands where I can see them!" etc, etc

They were all arrested for conspiracy to commit murder and drug offences Not sure what came of all that in the end.

Comment

It's funny how a few million years of evolution dodging sabre-tooth tigers and that-lot-from-the-other-side-of-the-valley has given us the ability to 'sense' being unsafe.

It's even funnier how we are taught to disregard or over-rule it.

Well done for listening to your own chimpy senses - if only most humans could be so clever.

Comment

DS23 4,924
                    TheFaQQer 3,671
                    zeitghost 3,498
                    Diver 2,827
                    cailin maith 2,245
                    Fortune Green 2,196
                    BrowneIssue 1,494

Just checking in lads

Hi Nick Hi BI
                    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

The reason I post this rambling story is that at the time I wished I'd had a camera, as I had a perfect view of all this from directly across the road.

I should have explained that the reason the road was clear was that down by my flat, and in the other direction at the next major junction, as well as at key side roads, were just about every single police vehicle in the county. As soon as all the lads had been searched and cuffed - which took about a minute as the shouting went on continuously - their lights came on and they zoomed down to us at about 90mph. It was very impressive.

Also, this was about two minutes walk from my flat, and they weren't there when I started out - so they got into position very quickly indeed.

Comment

Working...
                      X