• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for a well earned soak in the bath now

Later
    Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Originally posted by Diver View Post
      DS23 4,924
      TheFaQQer 3,671
      zeitghost 3,498
      Diver 2,827
      cailin maith 2,245
      Fortune Green 2,196
      BrowneIssue 1,494

Just checking in lads

Hi Nick Hi BI
      Hi Diver

Comment

A previous manager used to commute to work in the Northern home counties back home to London on the M1.

One morning he said (paraphrased since it was 20 years ago):

"Last night I got this 'uncomfortable' feeling in the rush hour traffic. No idea what it was. We were all moving as we always do. Then suddenly I got this urge to get out of the way so I pulled onto the hard shoulder. As I did so a pile-up formed a few cars in front of me and continued on past the cars behind me.

"If I hadn't moved over, I would have been in the middle of that."

Go figure.

Personally, I just put it down to him having about 15 years driving experience at the time and human brains being very good at pattern matching - that traffic did not match the 'normal' patterns and so caused distress.
        Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

BrowneIssue 1,494

Just checking in lads

Hi Nick Hi BI
          Hello, Diver!

I'm close to 1500 then!
          Drivelling in TPD is not a mental health issue. We're just community blogging, that's all.

Xenophon said: "CUK Geek of the Week". A gingerjedi certified "Elitist Tw@t". Posting rated @ 5 lard points

Comment

Originally posted by BrowneIssue View Post
            It's funny how a few million years of evolution dodging sabre-tooth tigers and that-lot-from-the-other-side-of-the-valley has given us the ability to 'sense' being unsafe.

It's even funnier how we are taught to disregard or over-rule it.

Well done for listening to your own chimpy senses - if only most humans could be so clever.
            I also found it intriguing to reflect that, as I was walking along with the youths right next to me - and nobody else around on that side of the road - I had all these coppers secretly watching me, all tensed up for an armed operation, and willing me to get out of the bloody way so they could swoop in. It appeared to work...

Comment

Later
              Eh? Isn't that your job?

Oh well.

Hi! Bye!

Comment

Eh? Isn't that your job?

Oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I also found it intriguing to reflect that, as I was walking along with the youths right next to me - and nobody else around on that side of the road - I had all these coppers secretly watching me, all tensed up for an armed operation, and willing me to get out of the bloody way so they could swoop in. It appeared to work...
                  It's as well you gave that thought. Mine had been "If NickFitz hadn't have got out of the way, they'd have had him too."

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    ... with Heckler & Koch sub-machine guns being pointed at them by a group of armed police officers shouting "Armed Police! Stay on the ground! Put your hands where I can see them!"
                    I am fairly sure, that had it been ME on the other side of the road watching all this, I would have needed to change my underpants.

Comment

I am fairly sure, that had it been ME on the other side of the road watching all this, I would have needed to change my underpants.

Nah, it was more like watching a realistic version of a scene from The Bill. It was, to use the vernacular, well cool

Comment

Working...
                      X