• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    So it will go bang, but not burn?
    All explosives burn, they just burn at different speeds. "High Exposives" are simply compounds that burn faster than "normal" explosives. Any burn above around 1000m per second is classed as Detonation rather than conflagaration ( or burning ). The speed of the burn determines the rate of expansion of the gases produced as a result of the combustion and the degree of the resulting over pressure. The faster the expansion rate, the higher the pressure and the bigger the bang for a given quantity of explosive material.

An explosive fuse , at it's simplest, a bit of string soaked or caked in an explosive compound. When it's lit the lack of containment and small quantity involved means it appears to "burn" rather than "explode" as it works it's way down the line of the fuse.
    Last edited by DaveB; 11 October 2007, 10:36.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      All explosives burn, they just burn at different speeds. "High Exposives" are simply compounds that burn faster than "normal" explosives. ...
      You are Osama Bin Laden, and I claim my free 76 virgins in Heaven.

Comment

Originally posted by DBA_bloke View Post
        I don't have any Virgins, but I've got some raisins if you want them?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
          I don't have any Virgins, but I've got some raisins if you want them?
          I'll settle for one nearly-new virgin and a packet of dried fruit, then. Bloody terrorists.

Comment

Inflation's back - it used to be 72.

Back to the main point - can you suppress a fart in a vacuum?

Comment

I'll settle for one nearly-new virgin and a packet of dried fruit, then. Bloody terrorists.
              My eldest nephew's 3rd wife and a packet of dates left over from last year, thats my final offer.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100 View Post

Back to the main point - can you suppress a fart in a vacuum?
                not if you eat old dates. zeity the ex-deity probably suffers more from that than most.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Time to bugger orff anyway...

See yah all tomorrow...

Comment

woot - it's coming home day!
                    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Morning

Yes, dull as dishwater here too. Plus a bit of drizzle.

My journey to Marylebone was made all the better for the big girl sat next to me with the ultra-loud headphones getting off at Amersham.

Comment

Working...
                      X