• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Can a vacuum still work in the vacuum of space
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

    Comment


      Originally posted by Troll View Post
      Will explosives still explode in the vacuum of space?
      Yes
      "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

      Comment


        Morning, by the way.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

        Comment


          Blimey .. the old share portfolio is up a bit today
          How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

          Comment


            Originally posted by DaveB View Post
            Yes
            even gun powder?
            How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

            Comment


              Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Originally posted by Troll View Post
              Will explosives still explode in the vacuum of space?
              Yes
              Don't you need to supply your own oxygen for things to explode/burn in space?
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

              Comment


                Originally posted by Troll View Post
                Will explosives still explode in the vacuum of space?
                that is a good question but what i want to know is:

                if you turn on a vacuum cleaner in a vacuum what does it leave behind?

                Comment


                  Provided it has a means of detonation then yes it will. Most, if not all, explosives contain an oxygen source in their chemical make up, known as the oxidising agent, and will go bang quite happily in a vacuum. As a side effect, this is why you can go fishing with dynamite
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by DS23 View Post
                    that is a good question but what i want to know is:

                    if you turn on a vacuum cleaner in a vacuum what does it leave behind?
                    A cleaner vacuum
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      Provided it has a means of detonation then yes it will. Most, if not all, explosives contain an oxygen source in their chemical make up, known as the oxidising agent, and will go bang quite happily in a vacuum. As a side effect, this is why you can go fishing with dynamite

                      So it will go bang, but not burn?
                      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X