• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Troll View Post
    fecking M25.... feck Grrrrrr gnash wail feck feckity feck spank:
    balls!!!
    M25 chaos after lorry jack-knifes
    A lorry containing boxes of golf balls which jack-knifed across the clockwise carriageway of the M25 in Surrey led to a traffic tailback of 20 miles.
    The accident at junction seven, where the M25 meets the M23, caused traffic chaos back to junction three in Kent.

Lanes one and two - the dedicated lanes for the M23 - were closed at 0545 BST.

The congestion was easing six hours later, with reports of six mile tailbacks, but motorists were warned traffic was still moving very slowly.

Drivers on the M26 heading westbound onto the clockwise M25 were also affected.

Eyewitnesses said hundreds of boxes of golf balls spilled onto the motorway when the lorry jack-knifed.
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      Driving the thing is one thing; think of the poor maintenance sods who have to get the bits out afterwards...
      Oops...thought you meant the embroidered Virgin jumpers...red not your colour and all that

Comment

Driving the thing is one thing; think of the poor maintenance sods who have to get the bits out afterwards...
        Don't they use a high-pressure hose for that kind of thing?

Comment

Did anyone see the life of grime episode where they had to clean bits off the building where a guy had jumped from the 12 th floor (or whatever it was) and hit the building a couple of times...

Grim work indeed

Comment

I seem to recall one of my mates (who works on the railway) relating about a chap finding someone's head tucked up in one of the bogies of an HST...
            threaded related that tale too. I think he said it was while he owned part of the railway in Doncaster.

Comment

Of course; it was William Huskisson... Threaded just popped back in the Time Machine to witness his demise as the first man run over by a railway engine.
              The first person to die on a Virgin train was asphyxiated by the feckin' stench from the loo.... 6 carriages away!

Comment

Comment

I'm just the late evening shift. Nothing to see here, please move along.

Oy! Don't open that cabinet!

Comment

My Grandfather is ex-British Rail, was station manager at Waterloo for years. BAck in the days before Eurostar. Lots of tails of pulling chunks of meat - his description - out from under trains, removing bodies of OD'd druggies from the loo's etc.

You can always tell when it's some poor sod gone under a train when they put the delays down to "An Incident at <blah>" rather than telling you it's a points failure or staff shortages etc.

As suicide methods go it's pretty much guaranteed to work. If the train doesn't actually hit you you'll get sucked underneath it anyway, and if the wheels don't sclice you up then the associated mechanical bits underneath will do a similar job to a meat tenderizer on you.

Not much comfort to the poor bugger driving it though.
                    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
                      My Grandfather is ex-British Rail, was station manager at Waterloo for years. BAck in the days before Eurostar. Lots of tails of pulling chunks of meat - his description - out from under trains, removing bodies of OD'd druggies from the loo's etc.

You can always tell when it's some poor sod gone under a train when they put the delays down to "An Incident at <blah>" rather than telling you it's a points failure or staff shortages etc.

As suicide methods go it's pretty much guaranteed to work. If the train doesn't actually hit you you'll get sucked underneath it anyway, and if the wheels don't sclice you up then the associated mechanical bits underneath will do a similar job to a meat tenderizer on you.

Not much comfort to the poor bugger driving it though.
                      I thought that they had stopped using the "person under a train" reason for tube lines being closed in favour of "a passenger action" because I hadn't heard it in a long time.

Heard it on the Northern Line tonight though.

Comment

Working...
                      X