• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TFBSZ.

Liner down for the decking and some of the joists cut to size.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Hoffa (1992), a biopic of the American union leader starring Jack Nicholson and Danny De Vito. Very good, I thought

And then a rewatch of Columbus Circle (2012), a film which would undoubtedly have a much higher profile if its producer hadn't been imprisoned for fraud just after it was completed, leading to the studio wanting to distance itself from him and quietly shoving it straight to video, the Hollywood equivalent of being sent to a leper colony. It's still very good, and I noticed a couple of subtle details tonight that I hadn't picked up on previous viewings; just those blink-and-you'll-miss-it touches that reward the observant viewer with a little more insight into the overall story

Finally, S1E2 of The Thick of It, a video manual for our political overlords to learn how to avoid looking and acting like absolute cocks that none of them seem to have watched - rather like Hugh with the zeitgeist tape in this episode

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny with high level wispy cloud. Currently 1e degrees with a high of 24 expected. Barometer up to 1027 mBar.

Woke around 4.30am for a half hour long coughing fit.

HWMBO is up to wait for the BBQ delivery, I'm staying in bed a while.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post

£2k for a barbecue... he must be really into cooking.
          He is! I'd probably spend max £500 and get a gas thing if the decision making was up to me. He's very excited by the rotisserie.

Comment

Morning all

Off to the beach for a walk.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Tonight's major motion picture premiere was Hoffa (1992), a biopic of the American union leader starring Jack Nicholson and Danny De Vito. Very good, I thought
              It's sat in a pile on the bookshelf behind me for A Number Of Years. I may get A Round Tuit eventually. Then again, I've had two copies of "Prometheus" for yonks & have never got further than 10 minutes in.

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Finally, S1E2 of The Thick of It, a video manual for our political overlords to learn how to avoid looking and acting like absolute cocks that none of them seem to have watched - rather like Hugh with the zeitgeist tape in this episode
              Any GALS involved in the tape? Just askin' like. .

Morning.

Dry.

Sunny.

CBS.

Cool in here at 19.5 deg (where's my jumper gone?).

1026 mBar, 30.2977 in Hg, 769.56 Torr, 14.8808 psi, (up from 1024 last night), 72% RH.

Saturday.

Which posting returned me to the day of 22nd November 1963 2018 wherein I travelled home on the X55, ate lentil soup (untinned), watched "Tropic Thunder", whilst NF enjoyed "Alien Covenant" which I've never watched or, curiously, had a desire so to do.

Walk (unabbreviated) walked in the Simpsonsesque sunshine of the morning.

now.

Lunch: baked potato with cheese & Morrisons baked beans, a non corner yog, bramble jelly & marmalade sandwiches, 0.92 pints of good Glengettie tea to make up for the 0.89 pints of same at breakfast.

Entertainment: some Money Box replacement.

A rave from the grave: Wheeler Dealers S3 E3 & 4: Mercedes Cosworth 190E, D reg: 1986. They both look Very Young. . 2003 programme.

S11 E12 BMW Z1. It's yellow. Or it was until they unyellowed it & painted it red instead. The seats were also unyellowed by dying, though this time the unyellowed result was black.

Never seen doors that disappear down into the sills before.

Another car I don't want.

Thing about the Atom Spies on PBS: I'd seen it before, but marvelling at the Venona Decryption process is always worthwhile.

Tea: spag with the first of the fiery bol which was pretty meh, some peach slices, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Thing about The Moody Blues on Sky Arts. Made in 2006.

Ancient Aliens: the one about Giant Rock, George van Tassel. I've seen this before, though not recently. I particularly like the bit where the old miner blows himself up with 200lbs of dynamite.

Still my beating heart! Ladies With Purple Hair in a trail on Leg End. Looks like they're showing UFO.

Alias S3 E18 "Unveiled" where the mole is suspected. A virus is released. (As in computer rather than plague).

Alias S3 E19 "Hourglass" where Yet Another Rambaldi artifact is retrieved, someone dies and is undeaded.

Alias S3 E20 "Blood Ties" where a sister is discovered & retrieved only to disappear again. Happy families++.

Simon & Garfunkel live in central park in 1981.

In other news, I finally figured out what the HP analogue (or analog) meter in the Alias tech lab is: it's an HP 427 multimeter. They don't make 'em like that any more.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 6 August 2022, 21:33.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

He is! I'd probably spend max £500 and get a gas thing if the decision making was up to me. He's very excited by the rotisserie.
                Lucky you! That must be great, living with someone who is seriously into cooking

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Sunny and a bit Simpsonesque out, with a refreshing gentle breeze. It's up to 20°C but not getting any higher than 22°C, which is better than the dire prognostications of 32° for a week from now. The barometers are leaping up at 1021/1029mB
                  Last edited by NickFitz; 6 August 2022, 14:48.

Comment

A horse and carriage just went clip-clopping by! Don't get them along here very often, or at all until now, though they must have been plentiful when the place was built

The carriage was white, bedecked with white flowers, so I assume it was a wedding party. Maybe they're having the reception at the KFC down the road?

Comment

Late lunch/afternoon tea: a couple of ham cobs with a bag of plain crisps. British ham this time rather than the fancy foreign stuff

Comment

Working...
                      X