• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dinner was venison burger and chips.

Some OU work was done. One part of the assignment requires me to prove I can find a piece of primary research, summarise it and find a couple of papers it was cited in. I have to use the OU Library which would be fine if all the various databases it claims to enable me to access actually accept my OU login. I finally found one that didn't use Athena wherein my next challenge was to find a paper that the OU could give me the full copy of. I gave up after my 6th choice wasn't available.

Ents was Van Helsing S1. I started it years ago but never stuck with it.

Comment

TFBSZ
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Didn't bother with any telly tonight, apart from some Welsh police thing being repeated on Pick for the ten thousandth time while I was eating.

Early night (for a Saturday) now, as I have Things To Do tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Dull and overcast. The patio tiles are damp, implying a heavy dew or overnight rain. Currently 11 degrees with a high of 13 expected. Cloud cover unlikely to clear and a chance of a shower this afternoon. Barometer up to 1023 mBar.

Early start as am meeting friends at Tate Modern for members' hour and then afternoon tea at Cafe Royal for lunch. HWMBO arrives back in town sometime this afternoon and, depending when that is, he may join us.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          A pearl and diamond pendant belonging to Marie Antoinette sells at Sotheby's in Geneva for £28m 2018

Comment

Last night's unpleasant, seemingly neverending, nightmare involved the testing of what was probably a DG200 type IC with its notably strange input current spike*, and the problems "they" were having in getting it to work.

Strangely, my ex brother in law was also involved in this endeavour for no known reason, he being a Classics professor, but there you go.

Quite where that all came from I really dunno, but I was glad when it ended & I got up.

Mention of the Fairchild 4000M ic tester was in there somewhere too, but that wasn't the system with the problem.

In the extremely unlikely event that anyone is innerested, said current spike occurs at the transition between VinLow and VinHigh and has a typical value of about 220uA at -55 deg C, whereas IinL and IinH are both specced at 1uA, so if you're so gullible as to think you can measure IinH on the 1uA or 10uA range then you're tulip out of luck coz you can't & need to use the 1mA range instead, due entirely to the spike, so the part will fail IinH remorselessly until you change the current range to sommat more suitable.

There. Aren't you all glad I explained that?

Now WTF I was dreaming about that bijou problemette from 40 years ago is anyone's guess.

I suppose it comes from the same place as dreaming about half inch computer tape testers and drives.

And here's a Fairchild 4000M ic test system:

https://www.chiphistory.org/77-fairc...ic-test-system

They don't make 'em like that any more.

Morning.

Dry.

Grey.

Sunless.

Warmish at 17 deg in here.

1022.5 mBar, 30.19 in Hg, 766.9 Torr, 68% RH.

Sunday.

And off goes the wireless as on comes the Archers.

Shopping trip to Tesco & Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised & put away.

Remembered the wallet this week.

Lunch: Mr Brains faggots x3, cumberland sausage x2, even remembered the roasties & onion, yellow corner yog, very ripe ready to eat mango (14p, Morrisons, reduced), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Watched & listened to the service of Remembrance, as is my wont.

Always amused by the way the wonders of satellite & HD tv manages to disconnect the pictures from the sound on the wireless (where the pictures are better anyway).

Walk (unabbreviated) walked with a brief stop at the memorial gates.

Minor potching on the garage perspex rooflight since it's leaked a bit, more duct tape required.

Tea: Heinz leek & potato soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on crust of same, yog x2, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Doctor Who: the other Doctor appears again.
            Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 November 2021, 20:03.
            When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey day out, currently 11°C and not getting any higher than 12°, barometers up again at 1018/1025mB

M&S are claiming to have got the suit to the shop, so I need to pop down there in a bit

Comment

The return of NF & the Monkey Suit are awaited with bated breath.

Comment

Suit collected

I had to get some other bits too - white shirt, black tie, and a belt - as extant examples of such things are buried somewhere among stuff that needs sorting out

And I got some new thick woolly socks, as most of my existing supply are about worn out.

Finally, over the road (which involves about half a mile around the dual carriageways and motorway junctions that infest the locale) to Sainsbury's for some black shoe polish, that being another thing that's around somewhere but hasn't been seen or thought of in years

The journey down there was held up somewhat by a broken-down car at the start of the big junction. Judging by the size of the tailback on the other side as I returned, it's still there, so I got off comparatively lightly

And back in time for Monkey Life, which is the main thing

Comment

Have a totally inappropriate vid to celebrate:

Comment

no suits at the funerals i've been attending lately.
                      denim and leather, mostly.
                      my old mates are musos and bikers or both.
                      and i usually end up playing at them, too

Comment

Working...
                      X