• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tonight's viewing was some traffic cops thing that wasn't actually Traffic Cops whilst dining, followed by a couple of episodes of The Repair Shop

And the remaining scouse has been divvied up - three further hefty portions to go in the freezer tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Pleasant dog walk earlier, although there's mist in the valleys.
      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning all

It was murky and cloudy when I got up but that seems to be clearing and I can see bits of blue. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) with a high of 12. Rain expected later this evening.

I'll be glad to get home if only because I'm not a fan of the CUK forums on my mobile. Bring back the app!

Today's fact, not from the Kantar diary, is:
        The Cullinan Diamond, the largest ever discovered, is presented to King Edward VII on his birthday 1907

Comment

Morning.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly.

Dire.

Sunless.

Warmer in here at 16.4 deg.

1020 mBar, 30.12 in Hg, 765 Torr, 67% RH.

Tuesday.

TV Times purchased from the post office.

Walk (slightly abbreviated) walked in the sometimes drizzle sometimes rain of the morning.

Grey, dark, dank, dreary, dire, unpleasant: November to a tee.

Another very dead rat discovered on the lawn by the apple tree: it went for a swim.

In other news, the tanking on the garage appears to be doing wot it says on the tin.

Lunch: Heinz ham & lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, a red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: woe woe and thrice woe: the Oz customs thing & the NZ Border Patrol have wrapped around and I've seen them before.

Managed to endure the afternoon by reading the last part of "Charles" with the predictable ending thereof, followed by more of the Walden book.

Tea: Tesco chunky breaded haddock, stewed apple & plum & custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: Discovering Sophia Loren.

Quantum Leap S2 E3 "The Americanization of Machiko": the Japanese wife one.

Joy of Painting (nearing the end of it & poor old Bob): <- definitely achieved for part of it.

The Rookie S1 E8 "Time of Death": to be continued. I hate that.

The Scottish Hermit chap on BBC Scotland.

Shades of Hannah Hauxwell.
          Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 9 November 2021, 23:12.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Had a rubbish night for some reason. Periods of sleeplessness, interspersed with vivid, uneasy dreams

It's sunny out and 12°C, which I suppose passes for warm at this time of year; heading for 14° later, though accompanied by clouding-over. Barometers very slightly down at 1013/1021mB

Comment

Several cashmere jumpers in the washing machine, on the hand wash cycle with the delicates detergent

Comment

Lunch has been Chinese leftovers, to wit, a couple of sweet & sour spare ribs with some fried rice

The rice was cooled and then frozen ASAP on Saturday night, to avoid the food poisoning for which chilled rice is apparently notorious

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I was asked today if I would very kindly please accept a further three month extension into Q1 next year as I'm so terribly vital to the project.

Oh, go on then.
                  What a difference 24 hours makes. Bench time commences on 10 December.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

What a difference 24 hours makes. Bench time commences on 10 December.
                    Bugger.

Time to unpeel that banana.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

There wasn't much a sunset tonight, even though I was out in time for it

Comment

Working...
                      X