• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some work things achieved, logged off.

I think I heard some rain earlier but it's currently dry and much brighter than this morning. Weather app says there's a 70% chance of precipitation today but doesn't think I need to know when as there are no hours with rain drops on them.

I don't need to know when as I have no need to go outside so it's a moot point really.

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Not sure I needed a coat, but it was only a light one and 20°C is always a tricky temperature, especially when you aren't sure about the breeze

Comment

Lovely tea: gammon, chips, fried egg and beans

Accompanied by a bit of Traffic Cops; I've seen this one before, but probably not for a while as I don't really remember it. Anyway, it's not as if I pay a huge amount of attention. It's just suitable for having chuntering away whilst eating

Comment

I watched yesterday's OC and UC. Then last week's 24 Hours in A&E, followed by As Yet Untitled.

The latter two programmes both had new episodes airing today so that'll give me something to catch up on at some point.

I really ought to do the pre-reading for my next OU course, starting in October. If you want to see what it's about, take a look at SD329 on their website. All about the senses. I need to revise the physics, chemistry and biology sections from a previous course to make life a bit easier.

Comment

No telly apart from the aforementioned cops stuff. But I read some more of Russians Among Us. Just got past the Litvinenko murder and only about a third of the way through, which has me wondering what other stuff still to be recounted they've been getting up to

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Looking like a sunny one on the way, with the usual high haze that'll burn off soon as the sun ascends the heavens

Currently 14°C with 22° forecast for the afternoon, though that will also see the return of patchy cloud. Barometers not significantly changed at 1005/1013mB - well, about 0.4mB down on yesterday if we're being sticklers for detail

Comment

Morning all

Blue sky is back! Some wisps of cloud. Currently 16 degrees with a high of 22 later. Unlikely to rain. Barometer up to 1013 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                French inventor Franky Zapata makes the first-ever successful Channel crossing on a jet-powered flyboard 2019

And here's a bit of video of it:

Comment

Morning all
                  Have I missed much?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                    Morning all
                    Have I missed much?

Hello! How the devil are you? Hope you and the fam are all ok.

No, not missed anything.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Hello! How the devil are you? Hope you and the fam are all ok.

No, not missed anything.
                      Well, The Wife (tm) has left me...

...ok, only for today, she's had to go out to deliver a training course.

The Dog (tw) is sulking upstairs

The Chickens have all shuffled off this mortal coil, as has Jamie the guineafowl. Only Tayla is left, and she doesn't live with us any more.

Had my first jab at Epsom race course, and my second at Taunton race course.

Never got round to putting our house back on the market, but sold it at the end of January. Lived in our seaside place for a few months, and then threw out or plans to downsize. It appears I now own an orchard in Devon.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X