• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Popped down to Sainsbury's, just for a change. I don't recall seeing a single person not wearing a mask, though there might have been one or two I didn't notice as I stopped looking after a few minutes, having been somewhat reassured by then that the general population aren't as fecking stupid as our government

Comment

Friday night special: rack of ribs and chips

Comment

Nice dinner ordered in from Duck & Noodle although they missed off my main. I snaffled enough from what was delivered to have a decent enough dinner

Ents was G. I. Joe: Rise of the Cobra (2009) as HWMBO's youngest is keen on the new G. I. Joe movie coming out but hasn't seen what I think is the first one. That and he's obsessed with the replica sword I have from the film that I bought at comic con many years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          That and he's obsessed with the replica sword I have from the film that I bought at comic con many years ago.
          Good to get them into swords at an early age

In my first year at university, there was a guy in the same halls of residence as me who was six-and-a-half feet tall (which was very tall in those days) with flowing locks, who used to sometimes stride the mile or so to campus in a long cloak with an actual broadsword hanging from his waist. They wouldn't let you do that nowadays

Comment

Tonight's Norwegian motion picture premiere was Utøya 22. juli, as yesterday was the tenth anniversary of the 22 July in question, when a fascist slaughtered a bunch of young people camping on an island in Norway. It's fictional but based on the accounts of those who were there, and follows one young lass named Kaja through the events of that hour or so. It's very good, but it's not fun; not by a long stretch. Strongly recommended if you think you can handle it, though I was left wondering if I can because although there's hardly any visible injury scenes, it… well

A day or two ago there was something I can't even remember now - might have been in the news, might have been on Twitter, probably both - that irresistibly reminded me of the propagandist (Peter Mannion MP in The Thick of It) in V for Vendetta (2005) and that seemed as good a reason as any to rewatch it, so I did. An excellent film

And finally a bit more of The Americans, being Lotus 1-2-3 (TV Episode 2017); though it turns out it's only marginally about early spreadsheet software, it's still good

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Good to get them into swords at an early age

In my first year at university, there was a guy in the same halls of residence as me who was six-and-a-half feet tall (which was very tall in those days) with flowing locks, who used to sometimes stride the mile or so to campus in a long cloak with an actual broadsword hanging from his waist. They wouldn't let you do that nowadays
              Sounds like you went to uni with Highlander

Comment

Morning all

Cloudy with signs of moisture on the patio. Currently 17 degrees with a high of 22 later. Showers off and on this morning with thunderstorms still expected this afternoon with heavy rain fall. Barometer dropped to 1009 mBar.

Crap night's sleep. Headachy this morning and a tad grumpy with it.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                'Nescafe' instant coffee is commercially first introduced in Switzerland by the Nestlé company 1938

Comment

Morning.

Dampish side of not quite dry.

Breezy.

White sky with blue bits.

UnSunny.

25.1 deg in here but it seems rather more pleasant than yesterday.

The barometer has risen to 1003 mBar, 29.62 in Hg, from its evening measurement of 1002 mBar, 29.58 in Hg, RH 67% (which might explain it feeling more comfortable).

Saturday judging by the crap emitted by the wireless.

Lunch: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: feck all.

Bored. Now.

26.1 deg in here at 12:46.

Freecell score: 100% (of 8), running average 84% (84.07%).

25.7 deg in here now.

Walk walked since it's a bit cooler with a nice breeze now & again.

25.9 deg in here since the windows have been closed for while.

Freecell score: 100% (of 11), running average 84% (84.08%).

Tea: spag (quick cook apparently) with more of that fiery bol which has matured nicely after its sojourn in the freezer for a week, the last of the tinned fruit cocktail, a yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

24.9 deg in here at 18:00.

Entertainment: Tudur Owen's TV flashback: Crime.

Feck nose what else.

I may defrost the fridge due to incipient boredom.

"Iolo's Pembrokeshire" which was rather good if you like dragon flies, kingfishers, and otters.

Also finished the Leslie Woodhead book.

Finally, in desperation: "Thin Air (2000)" an A&E TV movie of a Robert Parker book/script.

Amusing enough.

24.3 deg in here at 23:43.

TFBSZ.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 July 2021, 22:43.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Overcast out, currently 20°C and maybe going to get to 21°, barometer definitely down at 1002/1010mB; but the promised rain has been relegated to a 30-40% likelihood towards midnight

Down to a more tolerable 24° in here

Comment

It's brightened up a lot but still overcast. Thunderstorms postponed to 9pm onwards and only 30% chance at that.

Comment

Working...
                      X