• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    Going to be a busy day's work; the other contract dev and I are moving on to the other codebase, but the permie dev responsible for that (who herself only took it over from a different permie two weeks or so ago) is off from tomorrow, so we need to get up to speed and get our local development environments set up as quickly as possible
    Everything has now come to a halt as we wait for the IT support people to give us access to something

Comment

After a flurry of activity, I am now coasting towards the end of my time on this project.

Just writing up handover notes. The PM has no idea who's going to take on my work afterwards and thinks the business haven't yet twigged that they're going to have to do it themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        After a flurry of activity, I am now coasting towards the end of my time on this project.

Just writing up handover notes. The PM has no idea who's going to take on my work afterwards and thinks the business haven't yet twigged that they're going to have to do it themselves.

I'm switching into flurry mode now everything is set up

But at least the various minor holdups gave me time to drape the mundane laundry, which I'd started after the morning meeting, on the clotheshorse

Comment

I think I may go for a walk around the block (without the thick tights today) soon. Maybe I'll find a cake shop

Comment

I'm not sure what to have for lunch; I think the only things I have in are things I've already had this week and am a bit bored of. Might pop to Iceland for some frozen Greggs goodies

Though now I think about it, I have some frozen cooked sausage rolls from the other week. Could always thaw one of those in the microwave.

Comment

A walk to Iceland might sort your green ring out

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                A walk to Iceland might sort your green ring out
                Unlikely - it's so close, it's got the same postcode as us

Comment

Lunch has indeed been one of my homemade sausage rolls, defrosted

Comment

I started a walk but the new shoes I decided I'd try out attacked the backs of my heels so I had to cut it short. I'll have to wear protection to break those in then.

Anyway, cooler than yesterday, hazy, but nice enough.

Comment

The chestnut tree seems to be enjoying the sunshine so much, it's starting to unfurl some of its buds

Comment

Working...
                      X