• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And the first complaint over the gigs of data I exported, it seems some numpty edited an autocreated csv file because they made a cock up during go live.

That is why they can only access my stuff read only so they cant try to blame everyone else.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

A lie down in a dark room is probably going to feature in my future very soon.

Pins and needles in the tips of my fingers of my left hand, followed by a more general numbness over my left hand. Bad sign. Eyesight going a little woolly. Another bad sign.

Headache commencing with mild nausea.

I haven't had a migraine for a long time and I can't fathom what's triggered this one.

It's currently bearable but getting worse.

Comment

Right, the thing I just tried didn't work in the almost-identical-to-live environment, so I can't get any further until I talk to the guy in charge of that stuff. Seems like an excellent time to knock off

That's the first time I've worked a full five day nine-to-five since, IIRC, 2016 - I went to three days at the place in Cambridgeshire after the initial spell there

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Pins and needles in the tips of my fingers of my left hand, followed by a more general numbness over my left hand. Bad sign. Eyesight going a little woolly. Another bad sign.

I haven't had a migraine for a long time and I can't fathom what's triggered this one.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

WNFS

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Only 7°C out there now, but the rain cleared up and the sun came out for a while towards the end of the afternoon

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Yes, it gets a bit confused when thousands of ignored posts suddenly start taking up their position in the sequence again

I encountered a very weird one last night, just after I'd made the changes, where I posted to the Suez thread in General, then the front page of General said the last post was NLUK in the afternoon, but with my avatar

I fixed it by clearing vBulletin's system cache. Let me know if you continue to see any oddness and I'll do that again, but I try to avoid doing it while the place is busy, as it has the potential to put the server under a lot of strain rebuilding everything
                Just noticed that was a pali

On which I hope we can all agree, now the post counts are (in principle) back to normal

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Just noticed that was a pali

On which I hope we can all agree, now the post counts are (in principle) back to normal
                  well spotted!

Comment

The lie down hasn't achieved much. The good drugs also haven't achieved much so I'm giving another variant a go. Got out of bed as I'd like to sleep this evening.

Sadly CUK doesn't look nice in dark mode so I won't be lingering about much this evening as I'm always light sensitive when I get a headache or migraine.

Comment

Tea has been chicken jalfrezi with rice and naan

Comment

Working...
                      X