• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea was going to be chicken madras with rice and naan. But after I'd already put the rice in water, I realised there wasn't any chicken madras left in the freezer; the container I thought was it is actually Scotch broth which I'd forgotten to relabel

So instead it was chicken in red wine sauce and rice

Might make a curry tomorrow instead

Comment

Telly tonight, in addition to the usual police nonsense during dinner, was S1E2 of The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin, Nightmare in the Park (TV Episode 1976)

Another early night…

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        OK, we should all be on the same thread numbering now

And you can't try to reply to closed threads, only to get knocked back, either

This should be #342228, for reference.
        The number's correct but it's had some inneresting side effects, the most annoying being the return of the visibility of threads started by the Doom Laden Russian Emigre.

Amongst other things.

TFBSZ
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny start with patchy cloud but some ominous grey looming to the west, and it looks like there's been a shower or two overnight, with more forecast for various times during the day. Currently 10° but going to head down to 8° after mid-morning; 995/1002mB, so falling

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

The number's correct but it's had some inneresting side effects, the most annoying being the return of the visibility of threads started by the Doom Laden Russian Emigre.

Amongst other things.

TFBSZ
            Yes, that's how it was on the old forum; and more importantly, it was very easy to fix that bit such that it worked that way

I did think that it might be worth doing something similar to "This user is ignored blah blah" for threads started by ignored users, but I'm afraid it'll have to wait for now

Comment

I see Big Ship is still stuck

Comment

Morning all

Overcast but reasonably bright out when I got up. It's since rained a little. Currently 11 degrees ('feels like' 9) and might reach 12 later. Rain expected off and on (or on and off) all day with some periods of sunshine possible. Barometer down to 1011 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                The Social Democratic Party is founded as a political party in the United Kingdom 1981

Comment

Just remembered there's another meeting-after-the-morning-meeting today, so I grabbed a bit of buttered wholemeal toast to sustain me

It seems that the recent more realistic time estimates from the lead developer will push back the project end date a bit. Assuming the consultancy through whom I'm working are included in this, it may well result in a decent extension; there's currently talk of having everything finished off in June, which you'll notice is some time after my current finish date of the end of April

And I'm well on the way to getting the thing they weren't even going to try to do because everybody assumed it was impossible done

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    Just remembered there's another meeting-after-the-morning-meeting today, so I grabbed a bit of buttered wholemeal toast to sustain me

It seems that the recent more realistic time estimates from the lead developer will push back the project end date a bit. Assuming the consultancy through whom I'm working are included in this, it may well result in a decent extension; there's currently talk of having everything finished off in June, which you'll notice is some time after my current finish date of the end of April

And I'm well on the way to getting the thing they weren't even going to try to do because everybody assumed it was impossible done
                    Proving your worth in your first week. Definitely scope for a rate increase to keep you on longer...

Comment

Decided that the bin I didn't trundle last night really ought to be trundled. So sorted that out. If the refuse and recycling collection engineers had already picked up the collection of bags placed out on the pavement, it could have gone into the communal bins but I rarely bother to use them.

Comment

Working...
                      X