• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post

Oh maybe they only do it for the tourists not the local gun runners?

https://unesdoc.unesco.org/ark:/48223/pf0000016816

BR14 as Yuri!
    no tourists in KSA. - rich bedouin though

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

My Nan used to do the best tucking in. When I used to go and stay with my grandparents during the school holidays, the bed was made with a series of sheets and blankets, all firmly tucked in so you could barely move. None of this duvet malarkey. I do keep thinking I should switch back to that but it's a right faff to make the bed in the morning.
      "Daddy make me a sausage" is a firm favourite in my household.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Links are up

Comment

Nobody at the new gig has said anything about lunchtime, like when or how long. So I've just marked myself "unavailable" on Teams and I'll listen out for it making that bonging noise it does when somebody gets in touch

In fact, nobody's said anything about start and end times either, beyond there being a 9:30 meeting every day. I keep thinking of that scene in S1E1 of The Thick of It when the minister rushes out of his office babbling about having to get everybody working on some new crisis and stops dead as he realises the main office is empty. "Where are my people?" he wails, and Terri looks a bit surprised and says "They've gone home, minister; it's 5:40"

Comment

Beautiful day out there. Went for a walk up to the high street to get the bread I didn't get around to buying at the weekend. Lovely and warm, definitely didn't need my jacket, and just a tiny hint of a breeze.

Comment

Lunch was a very nice toasty from Ole and Steen, where I also bought my bread from.

It was a vegan gouda and n'duja (wittily called non-duja or some such) with spinach. I took it away non-toasted and did that bit myself so it was freshly toasted to my liking.

I have to say, if I hadn't have already known, I would never have guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Nobody at the new gig has said anything about lunchtime, like when or how long. So I've just marked myself "unavailable" on Teams and I'll listen out for it making that bonging noise it does when somebody gets in touch

In fact, nobody's said anything about start and end times either, beyond there being a 9:30 meeting every day. I keep thinking of that scene in S1E1 of The Thick of It when the minister rushes out of his office babbling about having to get everybody working on some new crisis and stops dead as he realises the main office is empty. "Where are my people?" he wails, and Terri looks a bit surprised and says "They've gone home, minister; it's 5:40"
                Surely you'd be under SD&C if they were dictating your lunch times

Comment

Chicken and barley soup with wholemeal bread for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Surely you'd be under SD&C if they were dictating your lunch times
                    Well, quite. I'm happy to work around their arrangements if it helps, but if I'm hungry, I'm lunching

In fact, I was a bit later getting lunch than I'd planned because I wanted to just finish off the bit I was working on

Anyway, I'd better go and sit at the other end of the living room again now in case they want anything

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

Well, quite. I'm happy to work around their arrangements if it helps, but if I'm hungry, I'm lunching

In fact, I was a bit later getting lunch than I'd planned because I wanted to just finish off the bit I was working on

Anyway, I'd better go and sit at the other end of the living room again now in case they want anything
                      That powerpoint won't write itself.

I have just spent an hour talking about our next migration. We have a new bod who is designing "The Solution" considering we don't have what data and data age pinned down its a bit early to start planning, a copy of the target templates from the 2 new systems might be nice as well.

I wish I had the neck to start a meeting with "we don't know where we are going, we don't know what we want but its all going to run to MY plan".

Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X