• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Zen Other Chury.

Om.

Three short

Comment

Nearly there

Comment

341900*

*other post counts are available

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          *other post counts are available
          Ain't they just.

of Neath.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I'll get the post counts sorted out soon. I'm torn between them being important for TPD and them not being so important elsewhere

Comment

Morning all

Bright and sunny out, some high level cloud, dry. Can't tell from my vantage point if it's windy. Currently 10 degrees ('feels like' 8) and the high will be 11. Rain expected late afternoon / early evening. Barometer up to 1014 mBar.

Had a nice lie in, listening to BH on R4. Just about to have a coffee and then I'll take a walk up to the high street to collect an order from Screwfix. It's only light bulbs and some no-nails (which seems to have been branded "sticks like tulip", or some such).

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
              Eli Whitney patents the cotton gin machine revolutionising the cotton industry in the southern American states 1794

Comment

Morning <just>

sunny earlier.
                grey now
                Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  I'll get the post counts sorted out soon. I'm torn between them being important for TPD and them not being so important elsewhere
                  I'm not sure it's much of a problem in the wider scheme of things.

Morning Afternoon.

Was dry.

Raining.

Was bit sunny.

Grey & getting darker.

Dreary.

1018 mBar, 30.06 inHg, 53% RH.

Sunday morning shopping trip to Tesco and Morrisons done, dusted, washed, dried, sanitised and put away.

Walk walked in the dry.

Lunch: roast chicken thighs with bacon and sausage, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

30.06. Sounds like a rifle calibre.

<hiatus>

Freecell score: 100%, running average 84%.

Entertainment: "How Britain won the war" on 5 select or whatever it's called.

Tea: Heinz tomato soup with a hint of chilli plus Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly on same x2, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

Abandoned Engineering.

The Singer Story: Made in Clydebank (until 1980).

Old Singer machines are refurbed in Southampton and exported to Accra in Ghana where there's a training course running.

Grand Tours of Scotland's Lochs, och you'll have had your tea.

Gold Town.
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 14 March 2021, 20:29.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Afternoon denizens

Grey day here, 9°C, rain due in a couple of hours, 1003/1010mB

Comment

Bulbs and stuff were successfully collected from Screwfix. Then I phoned my Mum to wish her happy Mothers' Day.

We somehow got onto the topic of blood donating, something I keep meaning to do but never sorted out. I had registered about 6 years ago but never did anything. Found out that my Mum is O- (universal donor) and that got me thinking this meant there was a chance I was the same, although I'm not sure what the genetics are around that. I logged in to blood.co.uk and discovered appointments over Bloomsbury way, not far from the British Museum, were available so I booked myself in and off I went.

It was quiet on the Piccadilly line, everyone wearing masks and keeping distance as best they could. Got off at Covent Garden and walked up past/through Seven Dials which was weird and distinctly lacking people. I was early for my appointment so I had a bit of a mooch about TCR before pootling back to the donor centre that has been set up in the basement of The Bloomsbury Hotel.

Donation all went according to plan and I'll be able to log in and find out what my blood type is in a few days.

On coming out, the earlier sunshine had become grey cloud and the ground was damp. Rain was spitting and not really very noticable.

Got home to an answerphone message from my Mum - could I remind her how to get photos off her camera? So have done my tech support call (thanks again Team Viewer!) and told her of my good deed, which made her very happy.

Comment

Working...
                      X