• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ah it is doormat doing the briefing...
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk briskly walked, green ring closed

Feels a bit chilly out there despite no breeze and nominal 9°C.

Looks like I missed the coronavirus briefing. Oh dear, what a pity, never mind

Comment

Fire engines!

Two of them, a few doors up. I popped out to investigate, but most of the firepeople are still sat in there, and there's no hoses trailing across the pavement or anything. So then I popped out the back, and there I could hear an alarm which was drowned out by the traffic out the front. It seems to be coming from the student house, so I imagine they've cocked up making dinner and triggered the smoke alarm. Presumably they're now being given a serious talk about watching their sausages by a fireperson with an extinguisher

Comment

This is interesting. A comparison of AI writing vs real students and overall the AI scores a C!

https://www.eduref.net/features/what...et-in-college/

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            This is interesting. A comparison of AI writing vs real students and overall the AI scores a C!

https://www.eduref.net/features/what...et-in-college/
            I reckon that as well as confirming that GPT-3 can produce quite decently-structured text, it also shows that academics tend to be quite nice and willing to give mediocre coursework the benefit of the doubt

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post

I reckon that as well as confirming that GPT-3 can produce quite decently-structured text, it also shows that academics tend to be quite nice and willing to give mediocre coursework the benefit of the doubt
              You don't imagine that they can fail anymore, now do you?

The poor dears would have a fit.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

You don't imagine that they can fail anymore, now do you?

The poor dears would have a fit.
                Well, there's that too

Nowt but rewatches here tonight, but good rewatches, starting with Ex Machina (2014), which really is very good indeed

After that, The Sixth Sense (1999), also very good even when one knows… well, to avoid spoilers, best not to say; somebody born a few years before it came out could be approaching their mid-twenties now yet still not know what a treat is in store when they watch it

Finally, back to The Shield: S1E7 Pay in Pain (TV Episode 2002) and S1E8 Cupid and Psycho (TV Episode 2002) which carry on the tradition of being excellent but harsh and brutal; oh, so very harsh and brutal

Goodnight all

Comment

Awake at 05:05 following a dream about speeding uncontrollably through Mumbles in the late lamented big bloo Volvo.

Never mind, it gave me the opportunity to finish "Time Patrol" by Poul Anderson which, it transpires, I purchased in 2006.

Morning.

Cold, very. 16.4 deg in here.

Frosty.

CBS.

It'll be sunny once the sun's up.

Dry.

Polleny.

Saturday.

<hiatus>

Tesco shopping trip done, dusted, washed, sterilised, dried, put away.

<hiatus>

Walk walked in the sunshine.

Curiosities: yet another flat toad on the road, plus some oiks or other have had a little bonfire in the middle of the road up by the parking place.

People do the strangest things.

Lunch: beans on Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, blackcurrant sandwich on same x 1.75, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Afternoon entertainment: traffic cops S1 E1 apparently.

Remembered an ancient radio doorbell thingie, so dug it out & played with it for about 10 minutes proving that it still worked, then put it away again before the unusedness wore off it.

Dug out an ancient (1990) HD (IDE!) which I'd forgotten existed.

After much potching with an old P90 box, it sort of span a bit but the grinding noise is a bit too loud for comfort so it's toast.

I think it's a 70Mb drive.

No idea what was on it & now we'll never know.

Yesterday's batch of bol is hot enough to blow your socks off, so feck nose what the chilli con carne is like.

During the HD potching I failed to notice that the equally ancient keyboard was suffering from the black goo syndrome with its feet, so ended up with a black splodge on the duvet cover.

Fortunately some isopropanol seems to have shifted it.

The HD will meet the electricals skip in the distant days before us when the Chinese plague has ameliorated a bit.

Tea: spag bol, random yog to cool down, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment: About 10 minutes of the NZ police thing: finally a mouthy little twat unaccompanied learner, carrying two knives & a bong in his Suzuki with a blown silencer, gets mouthy with a cop & ends up arrested & sent down for 2 months.

About 20 minutes of the Perry & Croft: Made in Britain thing which contained enough stuff about the Empire to give the Woke Ones a conniption fit (whatever the feck that is).

<hiatus>

Nothing to watch on the box so I finished off one of the books as related elsewhere.

TFBSZ.

Speaking of which, any news of WTFH?
                  Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 27 February 2021, 23:04.
                  When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning all

Lovely blue sky, dry, sunshine a-blazing. Currently 6 degrees with a forecast high of 12 this afternoon. Minimal chance of rain. Barometer up to 1037 mBar.

Was it me, or was it almost impossible to understand Lord Clarke on the radio? Reminded me of Rowley Birkin QC he did.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                    The House of Commons approve a proposal to simplify English spelling 1953

Comment

Took the long way round to the post box. It's a beautiful day out. The breeze is a little chilly but it's lovely and warm in the sun. I didn't even wear a coat!

Comment

Working...
                      X