• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    That's a job for this weekend. They've reached the point where I can't stand them any more (which how all of my cleaning gets done; I have never been like my Mum who religiously hoovered the house every Saturday morning)
    I feel your pain. As I am self isolating cleaner cannot attend. So I did floors yesterday. Came downstairs and walked into cat puke so had to change socks then go round again. And there is cat sick on the settee.

I will probably laugh about this one day. At the cat's funeral.

chicken katsu curry anyone? With extra kat.....

Comment

Morning all

Dry and bright with patches of blue sky. It's a balmy 12 degrees and expected to reach 14. Rain possible overnight. Barometer down to 1004 mBar.

Awful night's sleep. Even BBC World Service didn't help. I ended up leaving the radio on and recall listening to a bit of Ramblings. Then read in bed from about 8am before deciding to get up.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
      The first recorded wine auction is held in London 1673

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
        I feel your pain. As I am self isolating cleaner cannot attend. So I did floors yesterday. Came downstairs and walked into cat puke so had to change socks then go round again. And there is cat sick on the settee.

I will probably laugh about this one day. At the cat's funeral.

chicken katsu curry anyone? With extra kat.....
        Ugh cat sick is grim stuff. I'm not sure if it's worse when warm and freshly yacked or cold.

My (long deceased) cat used to eat grass and then hack it back up.

Comment

I popped out the patio to have a look at my plants. One little plant hasn't coped very well with the recent frosts so has been cut back. I think it probably could do with repotting.

A couple of others definitely need moving out of their pots and into the troughs up on the railings that they were intended for when I bought them last year. They're clinging on despite my neglect.

My miniature daffs are starting to come out. I don't think the bluebells are going to do anything this year other than leaf. They're only two years old so it'll be a little while yet.

Need to start thinking about summer planting. Suttons have loads they're planning to ship in April that I ought to preorder.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Ugh cat sick is grim stuff. I'm not sure if it's worse when warm and freshly yacked or cold.

My (long deceased) cat used to eat grass and then hack it back up.
            I suspect you've got a step missing there. The cat probably felt ill, eat grass (in an old fashioned attempt to cure itself) and then hacked the grass up because it didn't fix the issue..
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              I suspect you've got a step missing there. The cat probably felt ill, eat grass (in an old fashioned attempt to cure itself) and then hacked the grass up because it didn't fix the issue..
              Probably. She did do it most in her latter years when she wasn't doing at all well.

I think it also helps them bring up fur balls too.

Comment

Morning.

Dreadful night's sleep.

Agony turning over or just lying flat.

Grey.

Dark.

Dreary.

Sunless.

Wet.

Horrible.

Unpleasant.

Nasty.

Saturday.

There'll be no walk today due to the weather, the jab, and my back.

Only took 5 minutes to get my socks on this morning.

995 mBar, 29.38 inHg, 55% RH.

Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

<hiatus>

Now the little vivitar monocular that I've had for 25 years or more won't focus.

It's stuck at 10 feet and that's that.

<hiatus>

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, blackcurrant jam on Morrisons sunflower and pumpkin seed bread, corner yog (pippy), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Afternoon entertainment: NZ customs thing complete with arrogant Indian cricketer who got busted and a Chinese lady who went crazy when they found meat products in her luggage, and a packet tour with a couple of people busted for fruit.

Canadian customs: Ship from Thailand being searched for weapons, hatchet under a bunk, they seemed unconcerned with the 3 AKs locked up in the arms cupboard.

American chap from Oregon on his way to Alaska: more ammunition than you can shake a stick at, more guns in the lower 48 & Alaska than you can shake 2 sticks at.

They seemed very concerned with the .44 mag ammo & the speedloaders.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 20 February 2021, 14:20.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I hope it was after a HUGE party. Where was my invite? Actually please don't answer that...
                  I'm not paying £10k to this tulipty government. Who do you think I am Rita Ora?
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning.

LM's post reminded me I need to water some plants in pots that are semi-covered more regularly this week.

Today's high is 16 degrees and it will be a relatively warm week.

Oh and since I had an exciting evening I'm still lying in bed thinking about bears....
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Lemon & Fig tree have done well in the front porch over the winter. Loads of sun in there at the mo' and they are Springing into Life! Liquid fertiliser has been administered.
                      I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Working...
                      X