• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

Grey.

Dark.

Dank.

Dreary.

Drizzly verging on murrain of beasts.

Sunless.

Warm at 17 deg in here.

1000 mBar, 29.53 inHg, 54% RH.

Friday.

And it's off to Margam Orangery for the jab at 11:30.

I may be some time.

Smalls in WM1.

Bedsheets in WM2.

Smalls out of WM1 and into TD.

Shirts in WM1.

<hiatus>

Tyres checked on the car & one pumped up a bit.

Petrol purchased, the first time in quite a while.

Shirts out of WM1 and awaiting the TD.

Remaining cottons in WM1 on the shirts setting bumped to 60 deg.

<hiatus>

Ow ow ow ow ow.

Shirts out of the TD.

Cottons and sheets out of the WMs.

Cottons and sheets in the TD.

Lunch: poached egg and scrambled tomato on Morrisons sunflower pumpkin seed and spelt toast, bramble jelly on same. corner yog (unspecified), 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

<hiatus>

Shirts ironed.

Cottons and sheets airing over the banisters.

Walk walked, surprisingly enough in the dry.

Lumbago really playing up now.

As in fecking agony.

Now waiting for the ibuprofen to kick in, and it's taking its sweet time.

The gel has taken a little off the edge of it.

Afternoon entertainment: Trucking Hell.

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Hopefully that's your only symptom!
    Ow ow ow ow ow ow ow.

Police Interceptors: not very inneresting apart from the chap from the dog unit who discovered what they termed "a mortar bomb" but looked like a grenade to me.

Bit of DS9 "Broken Link" wherein Odo gets solidified.

Flights from Hell: places not to fly from or to.

Mogadishu being one to avoid.

Then a bit of an old NCIS ep with Gibbs' 3 lady friends ganging up on him.

More cop stuff.

Now: a bunch of complete & utter nutjobs trreasure hunting: Treasure Quest: Snake Island.

If the Oak Island guys were on the edge of safety this lot are so far over as to be coming back: so far this ep: a chap blowing a hole using 6 sticks of dynamite and a ammonium nitrate and diesel booster, which went with an impressive bang.

Then the bucket on the "back hoe" needed welding so they got some rods & the batteries out of the back hoe, using sunglasses and some cloth as a welding shield. <- arc eye special.

They got down into a tunnel which, judging by the coughing, is full of something noxious.

It's full of battulip.

Meanwhile the other two have found an old bell.

it's so heavy they use the back hoe to pull it out of the ground.
    Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 19 February 2021, 22:59.
    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Another grey 8° day though expected to get to 10° later; forecast to get rather windy, then showers this evening and tonight. Barometer: 993/1001mB

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
        And it's off to Margam Orangery for the jab at 11:30.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Tyres checked on the car & one pumped up a bit.

Petrol purchased, the first time in quite a while.
          I need to check my tyres and a petrol purchase is also necessary at some point. I can't remember when I last bought some.

Comment

I need to check my tyres and a petrol purchase is also necessary at some point. I can't remember when I last bought some.
            As I recall I filled up about a year ago, not long before lockdown started, and have filled up again once since then. Still have about two-thirds of a tank

Comment

Venturing out into the grey, windy day, I found that the black bins still await their emptying but the recycling bins have been done. So that's been trundled back in

Not impressed by that breeze though. Might be back wearing the scarf when I go for a walk, should I do so

Comment

Maybe the last few times the tank was empty it became HWMBO's car?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  As I recall I filled up about a year ago, not long before lockdown started, and have filled up again once since then. Still have about two-thirds of a tank
                  I last visited my parents in July, around my Mum's birthday, so I suspect that's when I last topped up.

Comment

I filled up in December.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Before that I filled around August.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X