• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vetran View Post
    Did you in a posh French accent say - "let them eat cake?"
    There's a posh French accent?

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      There's a posh French accent?
      Ask a Parisian.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Walk walked, green ring closed

Not as brisk as it might have been: I had to go and close the main back gate at the start, which used up time for no real distance travelled, then my back decided it wasn't keen about a third of the way in, and then my ankles and thereabouts both decided the same after that - possibly because of the back affecting the way I walk, possibly just to be bolshie. But i managed to get it back to 16'16"/mile by the end, which was a bit better than I expected

Four coppers roaming the side road and Iceland's car park; no idea why, and they weren't moving very quickly or as if they expected to achieve anything

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Walk walked, green ring closed
          Oh, and it's the first time in a while that I've gone for a walk without my scarf, and I didn't feel the lack in the 12°C afternoon air

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post

Afternoon entertainment: missed a Randolph "Stone FAce" Scott movie "Fighting Man of the Plains (1949)"

I haven't watched that one.

Trucking Hell.
            Is it not available on some catch up service or other?

Comment

Four coppers roaming the side road and Iceland's car park; no idea why, and they weren't moving very quickly or as if they expected to achieve anything
              Ah - somebody with a gun, apparently

It seems somebody chased somebody else up the side road firing a gun last evening, around 20:30. The coppers out there today have found casings in the road and in Iceland's car park, but they're believed to be blanks.

Never a dull moment round here

Comment

Last time we had a gun-related incident was a year or two ago, a couple of hundred yards up the road the other way, when a burglar running away from police shot himself in the foot

Comment

Ah - somebody with a gun, apparently

It seems somebody chased somebody else up the side road firing a gun last evening, around 20:30. The coppers out there today have found casings in the road and in Iceland's car park, but they're believed to be blanks.

Never a dull moment round here
                  I think I prefer the fact it seems the hole people may have moved a few meters down the road.

I was going the opposite way so could confirm but I could see temporary traffic light...
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Apparently someone was running amok with a crossbow in South East London last night.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Apparently someone was running amok with a crossbow in South East London last night.
                      what exciting lives you lot lead!
                      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                      X