• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Phone rings and it looks like a mobile number so I wonder if it's Waitrose (who don't have kale or parsnips) delivering early.

No, it's an "automated call from Amazon" because of being suspicious about something.

Comment

Also in my Waitrose order is an entertaining substitution. I ordered hot cross buns and teacakes. No teacakes so they've subbed for extra HCBs.

That would be fine but I'd already ordered two packs of HCBs on a 2 for £2.50 offer.

Comment

Morning.

Cold at 14.5 deg in here.

Grey.

Snowing.

Windy.

Sunless.

Dark.

1025 mBar, 30.27 inHg, 51% RH.

Saturday.

I suppose I'd better go down to Morrisons to refresh the supplies of bread.

<hiatus>

Walked down to Morrisons & comestibles purchased, along with some daffs for the parents' grave.

Took said daffs up to the cemetery along with a pair of kitchen scissors to trim them, just as well really since the jampot was half full of ice & it took me 10 minutes to get enough of it out to put the daffs in.

Duty done, it being Strangelove Mater's birthday tomorrow.

Lunch: Heinz lentil soup with Morrisons wholemeal sunflower & spelt bread, bramble jelly on Morrisons sunflower & pumpkin seed bread, yellow corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

It is extremely nasty out there, what's falling out of the sky resembling hail more than snow, along with a very lazy wind.

I was cold despite having a jacket underneath the wax jacket, plus a scarf and fingerless gloves.

2nd attempt:

It would appear that the B&D WM625 Workmate gifted by 3M was a mere £39.95 RRP, or £28.95 in Argos.

Bet we paid tax on the RRP rather than the Argos price.

Argos No.07 1977 Spring/Summer by Retromash - Issuu

<hiatus>

Afternoon entertainment: a rather tedious visit to the Brompton bicycle factory revealing it to be craft based.

Glad I won't be the one buying the bike that Greg built.

Followed by a documentary on Quest about the mining disasters in Aberfan and Brazil.

The Brazilian disasters were rather bigger than the Aberfan being down to the failure of tailings dams with surges travelling at 100mph, some all the way to the Atlantic.

Tea: spag fiery bol, yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Violent storm 11 on the shipping forecast.

It's taken ages for the living room to warm up to its turn off temp of 24 deg C, it normally takes 4 hours (16:00 to 20:00), today it took from 10:00 to 17:00.

Entertainment (continued): some thing on DMAX about the Nepal earthquakes.

Lost cities of the ancients: some bunch in south America who started wholesale human sacrifice to appease their gods when the Spanish appeared.

It didn't work, apparently, so they burned the cities down & buggered off elsewhere.

Lost Cities of the Ancients: The Hittites: who appeared kicked everyone's arses, built a big feckoff city, then disappeared without trace.

Archaeologists found a Hittite library but no one could read the script.

Then someone found english words embedded in the text.

Turns out the arse kicking Hittites were IndoEuropean.

Their law codes sound a bit extreme.

Thing about sinkholes on DMAX.

Aircrash Confidential on DMAX: another reason to stay home.
        Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 13 February 2021, 21:42.
        When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

The heady combination of nearly full laundry basket and a lack of socks means it's time to do some clothes washing.

Comment

I will get out of bed if the outdoor temperature is positive.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Nope it's -2 degrees.

Least it has gone up 2 degrees since I last looked.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I will get out of bed if the outdoor temperature is positive.
                What about 0?

Comment

Waitrose are late.

Comment

2 x HCB's with lashings of salted butter. Strong English Breakfast tea. This was my second brekkie. First was grilled cheese and tomato toasted at 6:30am. I was tearing off tights with my teeth from 3:30am. BBC WS always interesting overnight.
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

I got out of bed and was in the bathroom ehen I heard some drilling.

They have filled the deep hole in where the gas works were.

Comment

Working...
                      X