• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

GirlCat will be very happy indeed
    GirlCat cat says next priority is the food bowl.

Cats are like consultants. They always want something....

Comment

Sunshine.
      CBS
      King Billy
      Wednesday
      hopefully the sun will remove the residual snow from the pavements today, as I have to sally forth tomorrow.

Comment

Morning denizens

High cloud to the east, turning to a high haze in the south and very thin high haze with occasional fluffy bits in the west, all indicating that the wan sunshine currently prevailing will brighten somewhat as the day wears on

Still a covering of snow out there for now though, and chilly with it: currently -1°C (though it was -2° as little as fifteen minutes ago) and "feels like" -5°

But it's heading for 1° this afternoon, which might be enough to tempt me out for my walk if the snow dissipates as rapidly as it did yesterday once the sunlight got on it

Comment

Took a brisk walk, the longer way round, to the post box. Very chilly out with a light breeze. Even being in the sunshine doesn't warm you up. Pavements and roads clear. There's a few patches of snow remaining here and there (mainly on cars, like mine, that haven't moved in a while).

Comment

Took a brisk walk, the longer way round, to the post box. Very chilly out with a light breeze. Even being in the sunshine doesn't warm you up. Pavements and roads clear. There's a few patches of snow remaining here and there (mainly on cars, like mine, that haven't moved in a while).
            Century

Are you sure the pavements are clear? There might be black ice? Best to walk through the patches of snow....

Comment

My former adviser, Phil Manley, was in touch for the first time in weeks. I think I am now out of the poo after he went AWOL. But he has gone even further to ground.

After his 11 year old son(who he has not seen for well over a year) received threats. I thought people would be above threatening relatives of people they despise. And threatening under 18s. Its not often I get surprised these days by how low people can sink.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                My former adviser, Phil Manley, was in touch for the first time in weeks. I think I am now out of the poo after he went AWOL. But he has gone even further to ground.

After his 11 year old son(who he has not seen for well over a year) received threats. I thought people would be above threatening relatives of people they despise. And threatening under 18s. Its not often I get surprised these days by how low people can sink.
                He promised to fix the problems of people who were scared of bankruptcy - and then disappeared having failed to do so.

I'm really not surprised that some people reacted the way they did, given the stress Phil probably created for those people including their partners and their children.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Well. There appears to be snow falling again. Or someone has dandruff. Hard to tell.

And. My weather app is saying it's 2 degrees which is 100% warmer than forecast. The nil chance of precipitation has changed to 80% in this hour and 60% in the next hour.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                    He promised to fix the problems of people who were scared of bankruptcy - and then disappeared having failed to do so.

I'm really not surprised that some people reacted the way they did, given the stress Phil probably created for those people including their partners and their children.
                    Without Phil the fight against the LC would have ended in April 2020. Everyone would have had to pay up then. Phil had a breakdown. Not that I am a fan of his.

People need to dire their ire at HMRC. Maybe if people were not harrassing him he might have got further? But who knows. What is done is done.

I am slightly surprised that you think its acceptable to abuse innocent under 18s. Actually that is wrong. I am VERY surprised. When I met you I thought you were a great guy. Looks like everyone else was right about you. Oh well - I am sometimes wrong. I can admit my mistake.

Comment

Well. There appears to be snow falling again. Or someone has dandruff. Hard to tell.

And. My weather app is saying it's 2 degrees which is 100% warmer than forecast. The nil chance of precipitation has changed to 80% in this hour and 60% in the next hour.
                      Saudi is 50 degrees. I hope they aren't 100% out on that. And if they are I hope its 0 rather than 100...

Comment

Working...
                      X