• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning
    meh.
    Wednesday

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey and overcast out, but it's high and fairly thin so not as gloomy and when it's low and brooding. Current temperature reported as 7°C, with a chance of 8° later, and pressures are 982/99mB

Coffee made and towel (light-coloured) wash on

Comment

I might put away the washing I did at the weekend. It dried a good while ago but I'm lazy.

The place does look nicer and feel more spacious without various items of laundry draped about.

The bulk of the clothes are out of sight, being on a retractable line over the bath, but it's still nicer to use the bathroom without thinking I'm having a widdle in a laundrette.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Morning all

Thought it was dry out but then noticed spots of rain on the patio tiles so it does seem to be raining. Currently 8 degrees out and it'll get up to 10 later. Rain expected throughout the morning and may stop this afternoon. Barometer down a smidge to 993 mBar.

Need to do my VAT return. There aren't going to be any more January transactions coming through so I may as well get on with the onerous task of clicking a couple of buttons.

First coffee has gone tepid, much to my chagrin.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
          Pope Francis arrives in Abu Dhabi on the first ever papal visit to the Arabian Peninsula 2019

Something I'm noticing about this diary is the frequency of the more recent events. Surely there must be something more exciting than that to have happened on this day? I hope next year's diary doesn't focus too much on 2020 events...

I can see it now "on this day in 2020 ladymuck's coffee went cold. beggar all else happened we were in lockdown."
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I might put away the washing I did at the weekend. It dried a good while ago but I'm lazy.

The place does look nicer and feel more spacious without various items of laundry draped about.

The bulk of the clothes are out of sight, being on a retractable line over the bath, but it's still nicer to use the bathroom without thinking I'm having a widdle in a laundrette.
            Are you missing HWMBO yet?

Comment

Zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with a thick end of the multiseed loaf for lunch

It continues predominantly grey here, but dry.

Comment

New office chair will be delivered tomorrow morning

Comment

New office chair will be delivered tomorrow morning

You told HWMBO yet about his new function?

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
                    You told HWMBO yet about his new function?

HWMBO is 6'3" so he'd be more of a table than a foot stool

Comment

HWMBO is 6'3" so he'd be more of a table than a foot stool
                      Plenty of room to spread out!

Comment

Working...
                      X