• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    (N.B. I've quickly tested this at CSS Grid Demo for xog so it should work, but there's a heck of a lot to Grid so I might have missed something; for example, I suspect there might be a way to do the column widths so you don't need to change the grid-template-columns rule for the last one, but there might not be.)
    Wow! Cheers Fizzy Knickers. TPD is better than Technical for techie tips.

PS Given all these new methods coming along maybe I won't bother with updates using latest methods as they will soon be out of date anyway.
    PPS More seriously I'll give it a go.
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
      Witchcraft!

You should know!
      bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
      John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
        Wow! Cheers Fizzy Knickers. TPD is better than Technical for techie tips.

PS Given all these new methods coming along maybe I won't bother with updates using latest methods as they will soon be out of date anyway.
        PPS More seriously I'll give it a go.
        CSS Grid is widely available now, assuming you don't need to support old Internet Explorer - Chrome, Safari, Opera, Edge all support it and have done for at least a couple of years

I find that a lot of the online stuff about it can get quite confusing because it's all about doing really complicated designs that were almost impossible before, but if you just want to do the straightforward stuff most of us do, the tutorials and reference pages on Mozilla have everything you need really

Comment

Just having a simple tea of baguette and cheese as I ate quite a bit for lunch

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
            Entertainment: "inside the factory: pencils", Nick's Boring mate has just appeared.

However, it must be observed that "we" didn't deny the French graphite for pencils but rather for making moulds:

Graphite Ball Mold....a big one !

There's some impressive machinery in that pencil factory.

I remember someone fecking up a vacuum cleaner with graphite dust back in Ye Olde Sloughe of Desponde on Ye Hill some 15 years ago.

I forget why he was chopping up up blocks of graphite.

Maybe he was making a chicago pile.

Well there's a thing:

Red Gate Woods – Willow Springs, Illinois
            - Atlas Obscura

"Do Not Dig!"
            Good stuff

Though I must admit I've never actually spoken to James at the events I've attended. I'm worried I might say something that even he considers too boring

Comment

Exercise bicycling done, green ring closed

Comment

I really ought to sort out an indoor form of exercise for those frequent days when going outside simply doesn't happen. There's obviously online exercise classes galore and I have some minor bits of equipment. There's just one more thing I need that I can't seem to put my hand on...

Comment

Ribs and chips for tea

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                    I really ought to sort out an indoor form of exercise for those frequent days when going outside simply doesn't happen. There's obviously online exercise classes galore and I have some minor bits of equipment. There's just one more thing I need that I can't seem to put my hand on...
                    Pavements were a bit too snowy - or probably icy - for me today

Comment

Just remembered bins. They are all done and by the kitchen door, just not yet trundled up the stairs.

Comment

Working...
                      X