• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning denizens

Another grey day, officially described as "fog" though, as usual, although it looks slightly hazy it's no worse than that. Then again, I haven't tried looking at anything far away, there not being any sight-lines for that kind of thing from in here; maybe the fogginess would then be more apparent

Currently 1°C and possibly going to soar to 2° later, barometer 994/1002mB.

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Quite good but but too much nonsense. A bloke steps out of a helicopter and freezes within seconds. If you were naked in the coldest part of the Antarctic it would take a bit longer than that. Then they are all racing to escape from the encroaching cold in a big New York brownstone building. If you put a building like that in air at absolute zero it would still take quite a while to freeze right through.

Still there are worse. Can't remember what the film was called now but some people were lost in an underground cave trying not to fall into a stream that was 180'C or summit like that.
      Yes, it's arrant nonsense throughout, but quite entertaining nonsense

Last time I watched it, I ended up submitting a couple of corrections to the IMDb "Goofs" page for it, as some earlier contributors had apparently thought there was more nonsense in there than there actually is

Comment

Morning.

I'm sure the sky was blue earlier when it was -1 degree. Anyway today's high is 2 degrees and tonight's low is -1.

I'm now discovering why I have never watched Monsters V Aliens before...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Anybody know why WTFH has been so quiet lately? Last post was 15 December

I had contact with him on Twitter last night, so maybe his CPU issues are now resolved?

Comment

morning
            grey
            definitely King Billy
            Thursday

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Anybody know why WTFH has been so quiet lately? Last post was 15 December

I had contact with him on Twitter last night, so maybe his CPU issues are now resolved?
              Maybe he's using up his CUK Mod holiday allowance?

Comment

Sunny here now

Comment

Load of washing done.

Some stuff about a rat on TV.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just dropping in to say "hello" and to wish you all a better 2021 when it arrives. Good luck all.
                    ---

Former member of IPSE.

---
                    Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

Originally posted by wattaj View Post
                      Just dropping in to say "hello" and to wish you all a better 2021 when it arrives. Good luck all.
                      Thanks, same to you!

Comment

Working...
                      X