• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The 100m roll of clingfilm finally ran out. I'm not sure how long the replacement roll has been waiting in the wings, but I had to get a cloth and clean a layer of dust off the box, and I wouldn't be surprised to discover Sainsbury's have changed their logo since then

This was originally posted in the Dead Celebrities thread by accident

Comment

Lunch: zingy chicken, tomato and lentil soup with wholemeal bread, to keep the cold out

That also made just enough room in the freezer for the rest of the turkey soup

Comment

HWMBO's plane has left on time! I will be leaving to pick him up in about 45 minutes.

I hope my car starts...

Comment

The weather outside of frightful,
          But the fire is so delightful...
          I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Walk briskly walked in the cold afternoon air; most invigorating, and green ring closed

Average progress was 14'08" per mile, so a little slower than yesterday. But this was further and with more "uphill" (up slight slope, really) bits, so I daresay I eased up a bit in the later part

Comment

I managed to put my car out of action so had to quickly summon a cab for HWMBO while I phoned my Dad to find out how to fix it before resorting to a garage.

I am now grumpy...

Comment

My WM decided to stop working. Now it is working. mmm.

Oh and afternoon.
                "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  I managed to put my car out of action so had to quickly summon a cab for HWMBO while I phoned my Dad to find out how to fix it before resorting to a garage.

I am now grumpy...
                  What's wrong with the Datsun, this time?
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Mucking around with Apple's SpriteKit TileMap APIs, used for rendering game maps such as platformer levels

Pleased to observe that my go-to method for deriving a Boolean value denoting the colour of a square of a chequerboard wasn't any of this explicit "if column is even and row is odd" nonsense but a simple (file & 1) ^ (rank & 1), as any fule of an assembly language programmer kno

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                      Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I am now grumpy...
                      What's wrong with the Datsun, this time?
                      WSA.

Comment

Working...
                      X