• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have been engaging in the wholesome activity of doing a jigsaw puzzle.

With Worldwar Z on in the background. I expected there to be more bangy for me to look up and see; screaming women and children don't trigger my "ooh what was that" reaction.

Comment

Decided next ents is Hunter Killer (2018) - IMDb which I'm pretty sure I've seen but can't remember so will see how far I get through the film before realising I've seen it (or not)

EDIT: only 6 minutes before I was 100% sure I'd seen it. Continuing anyway as I now remember I enjoyed it
      Last edited by ladymuck; 27 December 2020, 17:42.

Comment

Early evening movie magic here has been Brassed Off (1996) - IMDb. Wonderful drama, wonderful music

Though as a former trombonist, I still fail to see how Phil's trombone could come apart in the middle of a performance that way. The two halves slot together at that point, and you do up a nut to hold them together; or if it is a really crappy one, it might rely on friction to hold it together. But there's no way the two parts could separate like that in normal operation if it was still a playable instrument

Comment

Sky News giving airtime to a group called "Christians against Poverty"

Whatever happened to "Christians for Poverty"?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Sky News giving airtime to a group called "Christians against Poverty"

Whatever happened to "Christians for Poverty"?
            Have you seen how rich churches are? They don't get that way by endorsing poverty.

Comment

The turkey soup has turned out exceedingly well, accompanied by a couple of thick chunks of wholemeal bread

I might even have some more in a bit…

There'll be plenty to go in the freezer too.

Comment

Decided that Hunter Killer wasn't enough excitement so I'm watching an old favourite, Pitch Black (2000) - IMDb

I do like the Riddick fillums. Wish there had been more but, then again, maybe there's just enough

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  There'll be plenty to go in the freezer too.
                  Four large bowlfuls to be precise - not as many as usual, but it doesn't have lentils or barley or any of that kind of thing in it, so it doesn't go as far

Comment

Tonight's major motion picture was The Perfect Storm (2000). This was one I'd not seen before, though I think I caught the end of it once some years ago. As it's (based on) a true story and, as I recall, even when it was released everyone knew how it ended, that didn't have a spoiler effect; but I'd always fancied watching the whole thing, though not enough to buy it.

I checked earlier in the year when I linked to an article that helped inspire it in Monday Links (in March, so it could have been any time this year really) and for some reason I remembered it two or three days ago and checked again, but it wasn't Free With Prime on either of those occasions. And then yesterday a Twitter bot I follow that monitors stuff that's newly Free With Prime (@NewOnAmzPrimeUK) pinged it out, so finally the time had come

I vaguely remember it getting only moderate reviews when it came out and… yeah. It's OK, but a bit lacking in zing somehow? Anyway, it's better than a lot of films, but not as good as many others, so it's OK if you happen to want to watch it I suppose

And after, a couple more episodes of the final season of The Sopranos (which for some reason is defined as the second half of Season 6 rather than being Season 7, even though I think they had the same gap between them as seasons normally do): S6BE2 Stage 5 (TV Episode 2007), and S6BE3 Remember When (TV Episode 2007). Getting near the end now…

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Clear blue skys can mean only one thing - COLD! It's 1 degree out and it'll reach the heady heights of 4 at some point. Low chance of rain, although I hear there's snow threatening other parts of the country again. Barometer down to 972 mBar.

Today's Kantar diary fact is:
                      The world's first commercial movie screening take place at the Grand Cafe, Paris 1895

In exciting news, HWMBO arrives today Staying for approx 3 weeks and he has to deliver a residential course at Wyboston Lakes for a few days (as it's a work trip he's allowed to travel).

Comment

Working...
                      X