• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shopping arrived and put away.

The guy looked at me wierdly as I ordered Xmas veg but no Xmas meat. The meat is coming from else where....

Need to go to bed.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Undelete all those deleted posts of Zeity's and see what happens then.

I think I just lost the will to live. .
      I don't get any such powers on the live forum

More precisely, for the time we're working on it I get the same powers as admin, because if I didn't admin would have to do everything while I explained what to do over the phone, and getting all that right would be a nightmare, given that my current list of What To Do is over eighty items long. But I don't abuse those powers to do or find out anything I don't have the power to do or find out as a normal user. Firstly because that would be a breach of trust; and secondly because there isn't any time to dick around like that anyway. There's over eighty things to do for Christ's sake! And almost every one means you have to go back to the beginning, or at least the last step at which you made a backup of the database, if you get it wrong; and just restoring the database so you can start again takes about ten minutes.

A couple of steps can take up to an hour, and a few more take ten or twenty minutes, but you can't just go and get a brew and watch telly while they run - you have to keep an eye on the terminal in case it fails for some weird reason

So even for those brief periods when I Have The Power, all your secrets and so on are safe, because I don't give a tulip about any of them and I'm not taking even the slightest risk by changing something and screwing it all up thereby and having to start all over again

Comment

Tonight saw the beginning of the Christmas movie season with a rewatch of Trading Places (1983). At certain times the direction is still playing up a little too much to the main actors' roots in standup, particularly with Eddie Murphy breaking the fourth wall a couple of times. But it's an excellent film, and I enjoyed seeing it again

And then The Sopranos S6E8, Johnny Cakes (TV Episode 2006). I think the subplot spread over these episodes of Vito realising how different his life could have been when he's hiding out, living in that small New Hampshire town, really helps bring the main action into perspective as we approach the end

The rain's supposed to have stopped, but last time I looked at the puddles over the road, it hadn't

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

Pale blue sky and dry out. Currently 4 degrees and will reach 6. It's going to be a crisp, dry day today. I noticed the wind has picked up a bit. Someone's been on the sprouts early, I suspect. Baromter has lept, lept I tell you, up to 1019 mBar.

First coffee being drunk.

Today's Kantar diary fact:
          Frank Borman, Jim Lovell and William Anders become the first men to orbit the moon 1968

Comment

R4 Today programme outdid themselves I think.

I heard about "the deal" on the post 8am segment (after the news headlines). Then Justin says, we will not be speculating on the content of the deal until the details are released (or words to that effect). They then proceed to bring on trade / retail interested parties to speculate on the deal and its implications.

I mean, really.

For that reason, I am slumming it with R2 today. I may switch over to R6M for a bit but will check the schedule first.
            Last edited by ladymuck; 24 December 2020, 09:18. Reason: typos!

Comment

I just switched it on then switched it straight back off again.

Morning.

Dry.

Blue sky.

Sunny.

Not raining, not grey, not dark, not dreary, not dire, not dreadful.

Cold.

The weather's borked again.

1024 mBar, 30.24 inHg, 61% RH.

Bit colder at 16 deg in here this morning.

Thursday apparently.

<hiatus>

Trip to Morrisons done. No white pepper.

Hence: trip to Tesco done. White pepper purchased.

Comestibles washed down & put away.

Lunch: Heinz leek & potato soup, Morrisons wholemeal sunflower and spelt bread, bramble jelly sandwich on same, red corner yog, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Next: a walk.

<hiatus>

Walk walked.

It's cold & a bit breezy out there & the wind is lazy, it blows straight through you.

To add to the joy had a misaddressed letter this morning.

I suppose I'll put not known at this address on it & post it back.

Had a nice chat with her next door but one with the large OO.

<hiatus>

More tinsheddery undertaken, chopping up angle iron, grinding same, welding same, drilling holes in same, fixing same to concrete floor, welding another bit, then, when finally tightening up the screws into the floor, managed to slice a hole in my middle finger.

It bled most profusely, so death by bloodloss was prevented using duct tape as is only right & proper.

Now, since the sky is finally clear of cloud, where the feck is Jupiter?

Oh. SW. That's gonna be tricky.

<hiatus>

Walks down to the bottom of the garden, and peers towards the sunset position: and lo! verily there was Jupiter shining in the heavens, a pair of binoculars revealed Saturn quite close by, I didn't look for long in case of conjunctivitis.

Tea: the first of the latest batch of chilli con carne, with rice, a Morrisons mince pie with custard, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment:

TBD.

Some utter nonsense on Blaze about Conspiracies, currently Royal conspiracies.

Got fed up with that by the time it got to 9/11, so now watching "Wartime Xmas" on 5.

Rosehip syrup.

Wood pigeon.

Nettle soup.

Yum.

Horsemeat. Neigh lad, neigh.
              Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 24 December 2020, 21:38.
              When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Morning denizens

Sunny out, but a bit chilly at 2°C; and the weather app has -2° on its "Feels Like" bit

The barometer has zoomed up, being on 1013mB actual, 1023mB adjusted for elevation

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Today's Kantar diary fact:
                  Frank Borman, Jim Lovell and William Anders become the first men to orbit the moon 1968

Comment

No word on test results yet

Meanwhile, the lurginess seems to have improved a fair bit. I still reckon it's just a cold

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      No word on test results yet

Meanwhile, the lurginess seems to have improved a fair bit. I still reckon it's just a cold
                      Good job you're not waiting on them, like

Comment

Working...
                      X