• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some random posted doughnuts to my address.

They didn't travel at all well and they never put a return address on the courier label so I can't advise the sender that they didn't reach their intended recipient.

I've never seen so much blue icing

Binned.

Comment

The recycling crew have been early today, so a quality orange bin has been securely corralled in the back yard

Comment

Suddenly feels rather dark in my little office.

Had an early lunch of a hot dog in one of those 'sub' rolls. I didn't have breakfast and I'll be in meetings 1230 - 1530 so 1145 seemed like a good time to eat.

Comment

At this moment I should be preparing to catch the train to the CUK Xmas do
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon.

The sky is blue and it's Friday.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              At this moment I should be preparing to catch the train to the CUK Xmas do
              Same

Comment

I need to nip down to Sainsbury's so I can forget something I needed and have to go to the Co-op for it instead

Comment

Sainsbury's nipped to. The car fired up with vigour, and although it's only been three nights and not so cold, this tends to confirm my suspicion that the problem was a duff battery and not a parasitic drain. But I'll give it a bit longer and check again

At the shop I finally succumbed to the lure of the SmartShop™, which I kept meaning to do with the app, but my phone can't get a signal inside the store. But I had a £5 off voucher if I did it, so I got one of the handset thingies instead. It's kind of convenient, but I'm used to packing things a certain way at the till once I've got everything and can map it all out in my head, so I need to adapt to that. Also, the checkout procedure is mildly confusing due to unclear instructions, but that's only a problem once I suppose

Mince pies were obtained, in a vague nod to the season of the year

Comment

Official fun due to start in 10 minutes.

I think it's time to crack open the Baileys.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                      Sainsbury's nipped to.
                      While I was standing looking at the varieties of sugar (which is at one end of the baking aisle), a store "colleague" asked me if I was the gentleman who'd been asking her about desiccated coconut. I said I wasn't, and she carried on her way. Shortly after I passed her explaining something about a desiccated coconut shortage to said gentleman; he was Afro-Caribbean and about four inches taller than me. I hadn't realised that a simple blue facemask could do such an effective job of concealing my identity that she mistook me for him

Comment

Working...
                      X