• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    It's a bit early yet.

Patience, obi wan
    I thought you were on date night?

More cocktails needed before HWMBO looks attractive for something other than freezer filling skills?

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
      Tea: spag bol when I get a round tuit.

Entertainment: the last 20 minutes of "The Rundown (2003)" with The Rock.

A minute of "Ice Cold in Alex (1957)" to remind me how lovely Sylvia Sims was.

Now "The Bounty Hunter (1954)" with Old Stoneface again.

10 years before Mr Eastwood made the job his own.
      Tea: spag bol, stewed pears with custard and icecream, 0.91 pints of good Glengettie tea.

Entertainment(continued):

Archive on 4 (that's Radio 4) which is about "interactive fiction" including D&D.

According to the TV Times, Britain's most historic towns: Plymouth should be on, but it seems to have been supplanted by F1 and some crap about some dead footballer or other.

Which is irritating.

Oh fecking good it was on before the F1 crap.

Now watching the last 15 minutes on 4+1.
      Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2020, 20:46.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

In the Chinese

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I thought you were on date night?

More cocktails needed before HWMBO looks attractive for something other than freezer filling skills?
          I am! I am free in between courses while he decrypts the instructions to cast my eye over TPD goings on.

I must say, whilst you do need to have a bit of a clue about how to cook and compile dishes that's a step or two above your average home cook, the Lyle's Game meal for two is utterly delicious. The instructions aren't perfect, there isn't an overall meal meal plan with timings that would help you judge what to take out of the fridge when, but it's actually an excellent meal that genuinely tastes like it has been cooked in a restaurant.

Sadly, there's a heck of a lot of washing up to be done, despite HWMBO water bathing pots to warm up sauces rather than decant each one into its own saucepan.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            What hapened to that bicycle you stole?
            Still needs a chain

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              In the Chinese
              Very nice, as always

Comment

Entertainment ((continued)continued):

"The Man from Uncle (2015)" with Armie Hammer and Henry Cavill.

Didn't realise it was directed by Guy feckwhit Ritchie but oddly enough it was ok, unlike most of his other offerings such "Sherlock" or, gawdelpus, "Revolver".

It was at the bottom of a pile 4 steps up the staircase.

Can't say I noticed much of a resemblance to the original but there you go.

Ilya Kuryakin didn't look much like a younger Ducky.

I may watch the dvds of the original series to make some sort of comparison.

Originally posted by imdb trivia
                he hydrogen bomb builder's name is Udo Teller, close to the name of the real scientist Edward Teller, who was called the "Father of the Hydrogen Bomb." However, Edward Teller did not work for the Nazis. Being a Hungarian Jew, he fled to America and worked on the Manhattan Project.
                I suspect that Edward Teller wouldn't have liked it much, however being dead he really couldn't object.
                Last edited by DoctorStrangelove; 28 November 2020, 23:28.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Dinner was lovely.

Stuffed.

Cocktails were great, wine was good too.

Drunk.

I may be asleep for some time.

Not sure if it's a food or booze coma.
                  Last edited by ladymuck; 29 November 2020, 12:37.

Comment

Tonight's movie mayhem has been Bølgen (2015) (The Wave in English), in which a Norwegian town is at risk of a tsunami if a massive rockslide happens further down the fjord. I don't think I've seen any other Norwegian disaster movies, but it's a decent enough example of the genre

Early night now due to Antipodean Zoom calling first thing tomorrow

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey day out so far, everything looks damp from a slight fogginess hanging over the place, 7°C

Just having coffee to help me get my act together for the Zoom call

Comment

Working...
                      X