• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Just received a blood spot collection kit from NHS.
    Is this for your new job as a CSI trainee?

Comment

Afternoon snack was some Flamin' Hot (tm) Monster Munch.

They have a nice spicy warmth to them but I'd not say they were 'flamin' by any stretch of the imagination.

Comment

Oh ok. I'll drivel a bit then.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            Is this for your new job as a CSI trainee?

Close, as a Covid research volunteer.
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Apparently Specsavers are opening a branch inside the big Sainsbury's. That's handy, as I can use my free hearing aid battery vouchers there, giving me one less reason to go into the city centre

Though I should probably go into the city centre more often really, if only to save money by buying stuff in the market rather than at Sainsbury's

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                if only to save money by buying stuff in the market rather than at Sainsbury's
                Odd.

It works the other way round here.

Buy stuff in the market to spend more money.
                When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                  Odd.

It works the other way round here.

Veg generally are cheaper in the market; for meat, it maybe works out about the same price but the quality is a bit better

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
                    Apart from birthday & xmas cards.

Since I don't send 'em any more being in full on Scrooge mode, I save even more.

Bah! Fecking Humbug!

Are there no prisons?

Are there no workhouses?

Bah!
                    When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

I believe there's a lot of cheap clothing available on the market too, though I've never bought any from there. Given the number of clothes factories in the city, one would expect there to be some deals going; plenty of things like overruns, seconds, and what-have-you that factory owners want to be rid of, and plenty of market traders willing to take them cheap. And I suppose if your factory is between orders for the big companies they supply, you can switch everybody to short production runs to flog on the market just to make a few extra bob in the meantime.

Comment

Working...
                      X