• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been on CUK for over seven years and this is the first time I've ever viewed this thread! I had always assumed by the title that it actually was a place for people to make a test post. Now I see there have been 336,000 posts. Did I miss anything?

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
      I've been on CUK for over seven years and this is the first time I've ever viewed this thread! I had always assumed by the title that it actually was a place for people to make a test post. Now I see there have been 336,000 posts. Did I miss anything?
      Loads! You get media studies, weather reports from around the country, tips for gardening, cooking, shed maintenance. It's all happening here.

Comment

ClientCo orifices today...
        Gloom, murk, moist, melancholy, and that's just the start.

Rescued by strong coffee and a tosta mista.

Onwards and upwards.
        I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

At long, long last I've finally got a bounce back loan.

Which means I now have cash to launch Plan B (and with the profit from that the even more fun Plan C).

Note - none of this money is going to be used to pay my wages or pension...

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            At long, long last I've finally got a bounce back loan.

Which means I now have cash to launch Plan B (and with the profit from that the even more fun Plan C).

Note - none of this money is going to be used to pay my wages or pension...

Finally as in, you've only just gotten around to it, or it's taken an age to process the application?

A BBL is for working capital to grow your business. Plan B and C sound like excellent candidates for that.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
              Finally as in, you've only just gotten around to it, or it's taken an age to process the application?

A BBL is for working capital to grow your business. Plan B and C sound like excellent candidates for that.
              As in given that I mainly banked with Tide it's taken me from June until now to actually get an account that would allow me to apply.

HSBC have an application to open a business account that I started in July that is still in progress.

I could have used Metro Bank but that required a visit down to Sheffield rather than London which was pointless as I can justify a trip to London but ain't got any clients in or near Sheffield and haven't been able to visit friends there for months.

Starling have done it all in 3 weeks..
              Last edited by eek; 29 October 2020, 09:57.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                As in given that I mainly banked with Tide it's taken me from June until now to actually get an account that would allow me to apply.

HSBC have an application to open a business account that I started in July that is still in progress.

I could have used Metro Bank but that required a visit down to Sheffield rather than London which was pointless as I can justify a trip to London but ain't got any clients in or near Sheffield and haven't been able to visit friends there for months.

Starling have done it all in 3 weeks..
                Going back to Sheffield the parents of one of our friends (friend is our age but their parents are older so they will be late 70's) both have Covid as their other child went to visit them with their grandchildren (both of whom were the following day asked to isolate for 2 weeks and not go back to School).

What we don't know is whether the visit is one where the parents asked child and family to attend or where the child visited without prior invite. Equally our friend doesn't know and is utterly furious with parents and brother.
                Last edited by eek; 29 October 2020, 10:09.

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Loads! You get media studies, weather reports from around the country, tips for gardening, cooking, shed maintenance. It's all happening here.
                  I can't believe I've missed seven years worth of shed maintenance tips! I need to go lie down and have a little cry...

Comment

I can't believe I've missed seven years worth of shed maintenance tips! I need to go lie down and have a little cry...
                    You only need to start worrying when you realise you are eating the same stuff as everyone else.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      You only need to start worrying when you realise you are eating the same stuff as everyone else.
                      The time to get worried is when think WTFH deserves all the hassle his wife gives him for not ensuring the guinea fowl are safely tucked away in their home.

Comment

Working...
                      X