• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morning.

It isn't raining just dark.
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning

dark
      grey
      damp
      not actively precipitating.
      Monday
      meh

Comment

Today should be a fun day.

By the close of it I will be either switching immediately and completely to (a new) plan B or scrapping that plan all together.

I suspect and hope its the former rather than the latter.
        Last edited by eek; 5 October 2020, 07:10.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I lied it rained a bit.

Still dark though
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

'Morning. CBS with scattered showers on the distance. Nice rainbow though.

Bleary-eyed having reverted to by youth and played a video game until too late into the night. No Man's Sky; thanks for asking... games are just so complicated these days; whatever happened to just running around shooting stuff?

---

Former member of IPSE.

---
            Many a mickle makes a muckle.

---

Comment

It was a starry sky when I posted earlier, Orion's belt looked impressive. Now it's mostly high level cloud, but at least it's stopped raining.
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sun's come out in shiny sarf herts.

Comment

Morning all

Wet. Light drizzle ongoing. Currently 11 degrees, forecast high of 16 around lunchtime. Looks like there will be a break in the rain around lunchtime when the sun may make an appearance, before the rain clouds return. Barometer up to 992 mBar.

Still very tired and generally meh. Struggled to get out of bed this morning. First coffee has been inhaled.

Doing an easy job of spreadsheet comparison where some chap claimed I couldn't do it without runing his precious work. He literally claimed that me making any form of update would result in all his work needing to be binned. I said it was a simple look up. He claimed to know how to do such a thing but that was impossible to achieve when the cells contain more than one reference. I mentioned I'd been programming in Excel for over 10 years and he countered by saying he'd been doing the same for over 20. Yet he evidently doesn't know how to do string manipulation. Amateur.

Comment

ClientCo. today. The town is full of Covidiots, not wearing masks, or under their noses/below their chins. No f'ing wonder the cases are up.

Safer in France
                    I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                      Doing an easy job of spreadsheet comparison where some chap claimed I couldn't do it without runing his precious work. He literally claimed that me making any form of update would result in all his work needing to be binned. I said it was a simple look up. He claimed to know how to do such a thing but that was impossible to achieve when the cells contain more than one reference. I mentioned I'd been programming in Excel for over 10 years and he countered by saying he'd been doing the same for over 20. Yet he evidently doesn't know how to do string manipulation. Amateur.
                      WTF would you argue the point - you just save a copy of the data and send that to the person asking for it.
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X