• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tea tonight has been a roast half-shoulder of lamb dinner. Lovely stuff

Plenty left over, and as I already have some lamb scouse in the freezer, I foresee Scotch broth being made later in the week

With that done, there'll be so much soup in the freezer that I'll have to hold off on making any more for a few weeks

Comment

Yes it's amazing how much space stuff takes up in the freezer.

Mine's half full of lamb bones for making soup.

Still haven't managed to burrow down to the depths, mind you, to find out what other treasures were left to me by Strangelove Mater.

I wonder if the 2012 bag of peas was the oldest.
      When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Entertainment (continued): turns out this dvd is the extended gorier version of AVP: Requiem, 7 minutes longer than the theatrical version.

I thought it was ok in its way, though having to watch it with the lights off is a bit different.

It ended much as I thought it might, with a nice little twist in the coda.

I may do the commentaries tomorrow.
          When the fun stops, STOP.

Comment

TFBSZ

Comment

Originally posted by DoctorStrangelove View Post
              Entertainment (continued): turns out this dvd is the extended gorier version of AVP: Requiem, 7 minutes longer than the theatrical version.
              I've never seen the AVP films. I think I've still got a Predator one I haven't watched too, so maybe I'll try them when I've finally got around to that

Tonight's viewing here was another one I've never seen before, or not that I can remember: Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (1989). It was, frankly, an unmitigated pile of crap, and I don't imagine I'll ever bother watching it again either

But I had to get through it because I've watched the ones before it and I want to see the ones after it, at least some of which are OK, and obviously I couldn't watch them until I'd got this one out of the way

Raining here now, though not torrentially - more off and on

Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all

The Dog (tw) is currently curled up beside me. She made a good recovery yesterday. She’s probably found a dead pheasant on the hill and eaten it.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I looked out this morning and the sun was gone
                  Turned on some music to start my day...
                  I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

morning
                    Mistyish
                    a bit damp
                    Tuesday
                    meh.
                    it's more than a feeling.

Comment

Morning all

It was raining when I got up. That's since stopped. Currently 16 degrees and it may reach 17 later. Rain expected off and on until this afternoon when it's likely to brighten up a bit. Barometer up to 1011 mBar.

Last night's trundled bins have yet to be collected.

First coffee has been drunk.

Comment

Working...
                      X